Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I just updated to high sierra and everything is working fine. But i have a problem once in a while the computer turns on and everything is unresponsive the trackpad and keyboard do not respond. I have to do a hard restart and turn it on while moving the trackpad and then everything works again

I always had this problem, should find the patience to generate a full report when it happens by pluggin external mouse and keyboard...

Hi RehabMan. My zBook G1 works perfectly except an error i don't know why. Some times, the screen turns off for a second;if audio is playing, it pause too. Then everything works again. Here is my zBook's info:
i7 4900MQ
Nvidia Quadro K2100M
2 x 8GB ram DDR3L

Full info is in Attached Files, thank you!

Do you have a working k2100m on that laptop?

I just update bios to the lastest version and reinstall again but nothing effected. I copy old patched folder replace new patched folder in ACPI and everything work again. You can check my old Patched SSDT.

Try with this single line change:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
index 748e210..256cf1e 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "zbg1h", 0)
 {
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
     #include "SSDT-PluginType1.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/layout17_HDEF.asl"
     #include "include/layout17_HDAU.asl"

Try with this single line change:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
index 748e210..256cf1e 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "zbg1h", 0)
 {
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
     #include "SSDT-PluginType1.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/layout17_HDEF.asl"
     #include "include/layout17_HDAU.asl"
I replaced "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl" with "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl" in hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl, reinstall acpi and now everything works perfectly, thank you very much!

Remove them and retest.
Also remove VMware (note USB related VMware stuff in ioreg: com_vmware_kext_UsbPortArbiterUserClient_15_1_6)
You can tell there are problems with BrcmPatchRAM (it is hung), most likely due to conflicts with VMware or other software you installed.

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to remove VMware and also some kexts, but problems came back few days later when I installed the driver of my HP printer.

So I settled to remove BrcmPatchRAM and forget about bluetooth. It seems to have fix the problem. Will it have another influence on the system ? Or is BrcmPatchRAM only for broadcom bluetooth ?

Make sure BIOS is up-to-date.
Do EC reset and rebuild cache, then reboot.

Hey Rehabman, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. All I really need out of the Trackpad pane is the option to enable tap-to-click. Do you know of any other way to achieve this on High Sierra? I tried following this guide to do it from Terminal, but it appears that High Sierra breaks a few of the "defaults write" commands, including the ones in the guide.

Edit: It appears that the guide has enabled tap-to-click functionality on my login screen. But once I log in, there's no tapping functionality present.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Iskren

Last edited:
I replaced "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl" with "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl" in hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G1-Haswell.dsl, reinstall acpi and now everything works perfectly, thank you very much!

Thanks for testing. This change is now pushed to github.

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to remove VMware and also some kexts, but problems came back few days later when I installed the driver of my HP printer.

So I settled to remove BrcmPatchRAM and forget about bluetooth. It seems to have fix the problem. Will it have another influence on the system ? Or is BrcmPatchRAM only for broadcom bluetooth ?

BrcmPatchRAM is only for Broadcom BT.

Hey Rehabman, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. All I really need out of the Trackpad pane is the option to enable tap-to-click. Do you know of any other way to achieve this on High Sierra? I tried following this guide to do it from Terminal, but it appears that High Sierra breaks a few of the "defaults write" commands, including the ones in the guide.

Edit: It appears that the guide has enabled tap-to-click functionality on my login screen. But once I log in, there's no tapping functionality present.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Iskren

SysPrefs->Trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back