Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I am having trouble with my trackpad's options after following the guide (clean install, not upgrade). When I go to System Preferences - Trackpad, I am just invited to connect a Bluetooth Trackpad, no options are present for my HP touchpad.
Edit/Clarification: I used to have Mac OS X El Capitan installed on the machine using ProBook Installer Clover Edition and the touchpad worked like a charm.

I also noticed that changing the mouse scrolling from natural to classic would also change the touchpad's scrolling direction.

Lastly (probably still related), on a few occasions my keyboard and trackpad stopped working right after I enter my login credentials in macOS (up until this point everything works great). After the keyboard and trackpad stop responding, I can still attach a USB mouse and interact with macOS through it.

Do you have any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Iskren

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hello everyone I just updated to high sierra and everything is working fine. But i have a problem once in a while the computer turns on and everything is unresponsive the trackpad and keyboard do not respond. I have to do a hard restart and turn it on while moving the trackpad and then everything works again

Hi RehabMan. My zBook G1 works perfectly except an error i don't know why. Some times, the screen turns off for a second;if audio is playing, it pause too. Then everything works again. Here is my zBook's info:
i7 4900MQ
Nvidia Quadro K2100M
2 x 8GB ram DDR3L

Full info is in Attached Files, thank you!

Attachments

• debug_2637.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
@RehabManView attachment 309207

Please help. I used the Hot patch method on on my HP Probook 450 G1, my issues are as follows;

The mouse/trackpad is sluggish when first reading the desktop for 1-2 minutes.
Sound goes out sometimes. it's ok after a reboot but goes out again after usage.
I'm not sure if ACPI is configured correctly.
Most important, my Probook has touch screen. It worked before I Hot Patched. Can you help me get the touch screen back? When touch screen worked nothing else worked but now almost everything works but no touch screen.

I have attached everything I believe you need to check my work.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

For touchscreen, boot with kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf, reply with ioreg (separately).

Hello!

I am having trouble with my trackpad's options after following the guide (clean install, not upgrade). When I go to System Preferences - Trackpad, I am just invited to connect a Bluetooth Trackpad, no options are present for my HP touchpad.
Edit/Clarification: I used to have Mac OS X El Capitan installed on the machine using ProBook Installer Clover Edition and the touchpad worked like a charm.

Make sure BIOS is up-to-date.
Do EC reset and rebuild cache, then reboot.

I also noticed that changing the mouse scrolling from natural to classic would also change the touchpad's scrolling direction.

As expected.

Lastly (probably still related), on a few occasions my keyboard and trackpad stopped working right after I enter my login credentials in macOS (up until this point everything works great). After the keyboard and trackpad stop responding, I can still attach a USB mouse and interact with macOS through it.

Do EC reset.
Also, booting from HDD on High Sierra is likely to cause strange problems.
Consider SSD instead.
Or experiment with abm_firstpolldelay flag (battery related).
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Hello everyone I just updated to high sierra and everything is working fine. But i have a problem once in a while the computer turns on and everything is unresponsive the trackpad and keyboard do not respond. I have to do a hard restart and turn it on while moving the trackpad and then everything works again

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan. My zBook G1 works perfectly except an error i don't know why. Some times, the screen turns off for a second;if audio is playing, it pause too. Then everything works again. Here is my zBook's info:
i7 4900MQ
Nvidia Quadro K2100M
2 x 8GB ram DDR3L

Full info is in Attached Files, thank you!

Your config.plist is wrong (inappropriate/wrong edits made to config.plist/ACPI/SSDT section).
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Your config.plist is wrong (inappropriate/wrong edits made to config.plist/ACPI/SSDT section).
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Thank you for your support. I just reinstall everything from begin follow your guide to make a clean & smooth install, but now nothing works (Graphics, battery status, backlight control, audio, usb mouse,...etc). I try to update clover to the lastest version but no hope.

Here's how i did:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build .sh

sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
./install_acpi.sh install_ZBook_G1_haswell

sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
cp ./config/config_ZBook_G1_Haswell.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Please check again for me, thank you very much!

Attachments

• debug_22573.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thank you for your support. I just reinstall everything from begin follow your guide to make a clean & smooth install, but now nothing works (Graphics, battery status, backlight control, audio, usb mouse,...etc). I try to update clover to the lastest version but no hope.

Here's how i did:

git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build .sh

sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
./install_acpi.sh install_ZBook_G1_haswell

sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
cp ./config/config_ZBook_G1_Haswell.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Please check again for me, thank you very much!

Is your BIOS up-to-date?
As per post #1, you must use the latest BIOS.

Is your BIOS up-to-date?
As per post #1, you must use the latest BIOS.
I just update bios to the lastest version and reinstall again but nothing effected. I copy old patched folder replace new patched folder in ACPI and everything work again. You can check my old Patched SSDT.

Attachments

• old patched.zip
    6 KB · Views: 62
  • new patched.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 64
  • debug_19409.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back