Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Android File Transfer only to get the screenshot of this problem for posting here. I had no idea it could cause the same thing! As to the other files in Extensions, I have no idea how they got there except Sinetek-rtsx.kext that I just installed the other day to enable the SD Slot.

I think what I'm going to do is just start over with this computer with a clean install according to the OP, with the USB-C port revisions of course...

LasVegas

450 g3 Is the ddr3l version compatible with the ddr4 version? Could you please install ddr3l version too? please

I think there are few users for the ddr4 version

Last edited:
I installed Android File Transfer only to get the screenshot of this problem for posting here. I had no idea it could cause the same thing! As to the other files in Extensions, I have no idea how they got there except Sinetek-rtsx.kext that I just installed the other day to enable the SD Slot.

I think what I'm going to do is just start over with this computer with a clean install according to the OP, with the USB-C port revisions of course...

LasVegas

You should submit your changes for USB-C config for inclusion in the repo.

450 g3 Is the ddr3l version compatible with the ddr4 version? Could you please install ddr3l version too? please

I think there are few users for the ddr4 version

You're asking about RAM compatibility?

It is patch.

It is patch.

Huh?

Nonsense link.

Can we use the patch for the ddr3l model?

The list of supported models can be found with:
Code:
./install_acpi.sh help

Note:
Code:
install_4x30s 
install_4x30s_hires 
install_4x30s 
install_4x40s 
install_4x40s_hires 
install_6x60 
install_2x60 
install_6x60_hires 
install_8x60 
install_8x60_hires 
install_5x30 
install_5x30_hires 
install_2x70 
install_2x70_hires 
install_6x70 
install_6x70_hires 
install_8x70 
install_8x70_hires 
install_9x70 
install_9x70_hires 
install_9x80 
install_4x0g0 
install_4x0g0_hires 
install_3x0g1 
install_3x0g1_hires 
install_4x0g1_ivy 
install_4x0g1_ivy_hires 
install_8x0g1_ivy 
install_8x0g1_ivy_hires 
install_4x0g1_haswell 
install_450g1_haswell 
install_6x0g1_haswell 
install_8x0g1_haswell 
install_1040g1_haswell 
install_1040g3_skylake 
install_4x0g2_haswell 
install_8x0g2_haswell 
install_4x0g2_broadwell 
install_820g2_broadwell 
install_840g2_broadwell 
install_850g2_broadwell 
install_1020g1_broadwell 
install_ZBook_G2_haswell 
install_ZBook_G2_haswell_alc280 
install_ZBook_G1_haswell 
install_ZBook_G2_broadwell 
install_ZBook_G3_skylake 
install_4x0g3_skylake 
install_8x0g3_skylake 
install_1030g1_skylake 
install_6x0g2_skylake 
install_4x0g4_kabylake

Hi,

I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 successfully on HP Elitebook 8560p (Intel HD 3000).

Now I'm trying to update to High Sierra, I followed the steps described on 'Major updates', I update the repository, download, install download and build, then I installed properly acpi and config on CLOVER, but before install High Sierra I tried to test the actual status of the system and surprisedly the internal display stops goes black when the system loads login screen after booting.

Something estrange is, the display show black image but is on because I see the brightness on and the system detects it properly, If I go to display settings I can configure as extension of the monitor I've connected o a duplication and it has it own desktop space.

I tried the solution on known problems about change brightness to try init the image on the display and I see the brightness indicator changing but the screen still black.

I tried also to start the High Sierra installer but the installer init on internal screen and the only I can see on my secondary monitor is the grey background, so I cannot install HS.

Regards.

Attachments

• kextstat outputs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 80
  • kextcache output.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 59
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.zip
    630.8 KB · Views: 58
Hi,

I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 successfully on HP Elitebook 8560p (Intel HD 3000).

Now I'm trying to update to High Sierra, I followed the steps described on 'Major updates', I update the repository, download, install download and build, then I installed properly acpi and config on CLOVER, but before install High Sierra I tried to test the actual status of the system and surprisedly the internal display stops goes black when the system loads login screen after booting.

Something estrange is, the display show black image but is on because I see the brightness on and the system detects it properly, If I go to display settings I can configure as extension of the monitor I've connected o a duplication and it has it own desktop space.

I tried the solution on known problems about change brightness to try init the image on the display and I see the brightness indicator changing but the screen still black.

I tried also to start the High Sierra installer but the installer init on internal screen and the only I can see on my secondary monitor is the grey background, so I cannot install HS.

Regards.

Your profile has no laptop hardware details. Please fix as per guide/FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current github repo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back