Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean to write internal USB ports. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying that for me- I've gone through the steps in the first post again and booted with the -uia_ignore_rmcf flag. The ioreg is attached.

Thanks.
Added SS05/HP11 and pushed the change to github.

I reinstalled Sierra from scratch after all of the problems High Sierra were given me, and to my surprise using the latest repo, many things were not working on my 9480m: battery status, audio, GPU acceleration etc.
Tried reinstalling High Sierra, same problem but at least GPU acceleration is working
Report file in attachment ( from Sierra )

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: I suspect you need this change:
Code:
u430:probook.git Admin$ git diff hotpatch/SSDT-9x80.dsl
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-9x80.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-9x80.dsl
index d8da5d0..b952ff2 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-9x80.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-9x80.dsl
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "9x80", 0)
 {
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
     #include "SSDT-PluginType1.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/layout4_HDEF.asl"
     #include "include/layout4_HDAU.asl"

But please verify that you have the latest BIOS installed first.

Has anyone succeeded in installing High Sierra 10.13.2 to HP Folio 9470m?
10.13.0 version installation success fine with this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/ , but not the newest one.

I can only boot in safe mode or with usb installer, otherwise I get a kernel panic.

Follow post #1 as written.
If you have an issue, attach problem reporting files as per FAQ...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Bluetooth is back to its unreliable behavior. When it fails boot take about 5 minutes and ends up with no Bluetooth and the Bluetooth hardware showing up twice in IOReg and System Information. I've attached both for when Bluetooth is working normally and when it fails. All other diagnostic files are from when it failed.

A verbose boot shows timeouts from BrcmPatchRAM2

BTW: You may note that I now have a webcam. I found one on ebay for $5! Works a charm! :)

LasVegas

Attachments

• Blurtooth okay ioReg.zip
    627.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Bluetooth okay SysInfo.zip
    248.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Bluetooth fail ioReg.zip
    625.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Bluetooth fail SysInfo.zip
    244.1 KB · Views: 66
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
  • KernelCache output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 64
  • KextStat Output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 59
  • RehabMan.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 70
Bluetooth is back to its unreliable behavior. When it fails boot take about 5 minutes and ends up with no Bluetooth and the Bluetooth hardware showing up twice in IOReg and System Information. I've attached both for when Bluetooth is working normally and when it fails. All other diagnostic files are from when it failed.

A verbose boot shows timeouts from BrcmPatchRAM2

BTW: You may note that I now have a webcam. I found one on ebay for $5! Works a charm! :)

LasVegas

Your ioreg shows Android File Transfer is installed. Read FAQ for more details.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And why is GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed? This guide does not recommend it for your hardware and the scripts don't install it.

Also what happened here?
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fb0b28286b0 [0x7fff98806980]> { URL = "AppleRTL815XEthernet109.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.realtek.driver.AppleRTL815XEthernet" }
AppleRTL815XEthernet109.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

And why is AppleALC.kext installed? This guide does not recommend it, and it is not installed by any of the scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back