Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan

No sound, no battery status after Hight Sierra fresh install.
Installation as described in thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
The SSD disk has APFS format and TRIM has been disabled.
Regarding the battery status I've followed the advice in thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/
And with the sound I tried Alternate/experimental fix (pre-patch_hda.sh): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-498#post-1410398

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • KextcacheTerminalOutput.txt.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 60
  • KextStatTerminalOutput.txt.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 75
  • ProBook6470bIOReg.zip
    599.9 KB · Views: 71
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 70
For NVRAM, test it with the nvram command line utility.
If not working, maybe you forgot the RC scripts when you installed Clover.
Or it is possible you need FakeALS (was already added for the 4x0 Skylake).

I did test with nvram command line. It checked out okay once I'd added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI. It still starts up with full brightness and volume. Adding the SSDT-ALS0.asl and the modified FakeSMC from you post corrected both. Thanks!

UsbConnector=3 is wrong for USB-C. Must be either 9 or 10 depending on whether it has a builtin switch. Make sure you test the port in both orientations.

You're right! The USB-C port does not give me USB-3. By adding HS05, the USB-C port connects everything as USB-2. I tried adding HS09 and HS10 with no effect. I also tried adding SS03 to SS06 as well with no effect. IORegistry gives me the following with these added:

Bluetooth - IOUSB:/BCM20702A0@14700000
Fingerprint Reader - IOUSB:/IOUSBHostDevice@14800000

USB-C Port - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14500000
USB-C Port - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14500000

USB-Front - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14200000
USB-Front - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14c00000

USB Rear - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14100000
USB Rear - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14b00000

Interestingly, the two USB ports give me USB3 @14e00000 and @14d00000 without the changes. I wouldn't know how to check for a built-in switch. And yes. I did test in both orientations.

Thanks again!
LasVegas

Dear RehabMan,

I have a question concerning Efi/Clover/ACPI/patched.
I just hacked a ZBook 17 G1 and configured ACPI.
Following "The (appropriate set of) SSDTs in ./buildmust be installed to the EFI partiton at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. To insure you have the correct files installed, you should use the install_acpi.sh script as described later in this section":
doing this it outputs a SSDT-ZBook-G2-Haswell.aml. But I used the install_ZBook_G1_haswell option.

I have issues with mouse lagging after boot and shorter lag after sleep

Thank you for a reply

Forgot to mention: Installed 10.13.2Archiv.zip

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
Why audio volume reset to max value after reboot/shutdown even I reduce the volume value?

Attachments

• hp_1030_g1_audio.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
@RehabMan

No sound, no battery status after Hight Sierra fresh install.
Installation as described in thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
The SSD disk has APFS format and TRIM has been disabled.
Regarding the battery status I've followed the advice in thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/
And with the sound I tried Alternate/experimental fix (pre-patch_hda.sh): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-498#post-1410398

Your config.plist is not per guide, not up-to-date.
Make sure your github copy is up-to-date. Then read post #1, "Final config.plist".

I did test with nvram command line. It checked out okay once I'd added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI. It still starts up with full brightness and volume. Adding the SSDT-ALS0.asl and the modified FakeSMC from you post corrected both. Thanks!

I will add SSDT-ALS0.asl to your model specific SSDT.

You're right! The USB-C port does not give me USB-3. By adding HS05, the USB-C port connects everything as USB-2. I tried adding HS09 and HS10 with no effect. I also tried adding SS03 to SS06 as well with no effect. IORegistry gives me the following with these added:

Bluetooth - IOUSB:/BCM20702A0@14700000
Fingerprint Reader - IOUSB:/IOUSBHostDevice@14800000

USB-C Port - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14500000
USB-C Port - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14500000

USB-Front - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14200000
USB-Front - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14c00000

USB Rear - USB2 - IOUSB:/USB Storage@14100000
USB Rear - USB3 - IOUSB:/External USB 3.0@14b00000

Interestingly, the two USB ports give me USB3 @14e00000 and @14d00000 without the changes. I wouldn't know how to check for a built-in switch. And yes. I did test in both orientations.

Thanks again!
LasVegas

Test with -uia_ignore_rmcf (to ignore your UIAC data), with port limit patch,... test the USB-C port in both orientations.
If it uses a separate SSxx port for one orientation vs. the other it is UsbConnector=10, otherwise is 9.
Other Probook models use 10 (no switch), so I suspect yours is the same.

Dear RehabMan,

I have a question concerning Efi/Clover/ACPI/patched.
I just hacked a ZBook 17 G1 and configured ACPI.
Following "The (appropriate set of) SSDTs in ./buildmust be installed to the EFI partiton at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. To insure you have the correct files installed, you should use the install_acpi.sh script as described later in this section":
doing this it outputs a SSDT-ZBook-G2-Haswell.aml. But I used the install_ZBook_G1_haswell option.

I will fix the typo.

I have issues with mouse lagging after boot and shorter lag after sleep

Must attach all problem reporting files.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ.

Why audio volume reset to max value after reboot/shutdown even I reduce the volume value?

Is NVRAM working?
Did you install RC scripts?

I will fix the typo.

Must attach all problem reporting files.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ.
Here the Zip, thank you

Attachments

• debug_26660.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back