Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for sure, we talking about SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl inside hotchpatch directory?

Yes, of course.

and change is text line with @@ ?

No.
Relevant part of the diff shows changed lines (- means remove, + means add):
Code:
-    #include "include/disable_EH01-EH02.asl"
+    #include "include/disable_EH01.asl"

Pretty easy to see we are changing the #include file from "include/disable_EH01-EH02.asl" to "include/disable_EH01.asl"
I'm pretty sure the references to EH02 in the model specific SSDT are causing problems, as your computer has no EH02.

I will have to look back in the commit log and then correlate the change to this file, as a previous Haswell G1 *did* have an EH02, hence the code in this file. I expect that some Haswell G1's have EH02 and some don't, so I will need to differentiate for the various models of Haswell G1 in the repo somehow.

Yes, of course.

No.
Relevant part of the diff shows changed lines (- means remove, + means add):
Code:
-    #include "include/disable_EH01-EH02.asl"
+    #include "include/disable_EH01.asl"

Pretty easy to see we are changing the #include file from "include/disable_EH01-EH02.asl" to "include/disable_EH01.asl"
I'm pretty sure the references to EH02 in the model specific SSDT are causing problems, as your computer has no EH02.

I will have to look back in the commit log and then correlate the change to this file, as a previous Haswell G1 *did* have an EH02, hence the code in this file. I expect that some Haswell G1's have EH02 and some don't, so I will need to differentiate for the various models of Haswell G1 in the repo somehow.

ye, got it. i cant boot now, no idea what happend, only can boot via USB flashdrive. i make change in the one line, in terminal i open git directory, use git diff (just jump to new line, not see anythin happend) and use ./build.sh and ./install_acpi.sh
After i log to system with pasword, screen goin black, and i can boot only in verbose mode, with normal mode is boot loop.. maybe i do something wrong before this changes, bcoz this black screen problem start yesterday.. Sometime i can boot without cache, but not all time. i think maybe is a some "sleep/wake isue or blacklight? System seems work (check via caps lock light).

Not sure, if faster and better do new installation with this change...? (have no data on this ofc)

Exactly model, if important, is G2R55UP#ABB

"black screen issues" first video - normal boot, but succes after one bootloop, second video - without cache, and after this in verbose mode - all three end with black screen

---------------------
edit 2: seems i do somethng wrong bcoz IOregistry still not found EH02. lucky check, before screen goin black

edit 3: i do fresh install now.

edit 4: next boot after i finish ACPI and config.plist on new fresh installation High Sierra got again blackscreen or loop boot - omw to Sierra install

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I followed this tutorial and most things are working just fine.
But I have two issues that I cannot solve them.
1. Audio is greyed out, and there is no audio output device inside settings. I did try to use voodoo hda, and then audio is working on speakers(I didn't try to use headphones), but the volume slider is not working. If the volume is at max or on mute, audio level is the same. Without voodoo, I did try to clear kext cache but nothing.
I attached audio codecs from ubuntu for someone else to take a look.

2. I can't change screen brightness. I tried to patch dsdt(after RehabMan tutorial) and apply intel hd 3000/4000 brightness fix, but the laptop keeps restarting after that(the process was without errors, only a few warnings).

The laptop is an HP Elitebook 8470p. Other specs are in profile.

Also, I can't understand why is vboxhfs disabled in RehabMan config files. I removed that line and things are working just fine. Initially, I downloaded a copy from HFSplus.efi to see how things are working and it's the same.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
  • codec#0.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 152
  • codec#3.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 122
ye, got it. i cant boot now, no idea what happend, only can boot via USB flashdrive. i make change in the one line, in terminal i open git directory, use git diff (just jump to new line, not see anythin happend) and use ./build.sh and ./install_acpi.sh
After i log to system with pasword, screen goin black, and i can boot only in verbose mode, with normal mode is boot loop.. maybe i do something wrong before this changes, bcoz this black screen problem start yesterday.. Sometime i can boot without cache, but not all time. i think maybe is a some "sleep/wake isue or blacklight? System seems work (check via caps lock light).

Not sure, if faster and better do new installation with this change...? (have no data on this ofc)

Exactly model, if important, is G2R55UP#ABB

"black screen issues" first video - normal boot, but succes after one bootloop, second video - without cache, and after this in verbose mode - all three end with black screen

---------------------
edit 2: seems i do somethng wrong bcoz IOregistry still not found EH02. lucky check, before screen goin black

edit 3: i do fresh install now.

edit 4: next boot after i finish ACPI and config.plist on new fresh installation High Sierra got again blackscreen or loop boot - omw to Sierra install

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello everyone!
I followed this tutorial and most things are working just fine.
But I have two issues that I cannot solve them.
1. Audio is greyed out, and there is no audio output device inside settings. I did try to use voodoo hda, and then audio is working on speakers(I didn't try to use headphones), but the volume slider is not working. If the volume is at max or on mute, audio level is the same. Without voodoo, I did try to clear kext cache but nothing.
I attached audio codecs from ubuntu for someone else to take a look.

2. I can't change screen brightness. I tried to patch dsdt(after RehabMan tutorial) and apply intel hd 3000/4000 brightness fix, but the laptop keeps restarting after that(the process was without errors, only a few warnings).

The laptop is an HP Elitebook 8470p. Other specs are in profile.

Also, I can't understand why is vboxhfs disabled in RehabMan config files. I removed that line and things are working just fine. Initially, I downloaded a copy from HFSplus.efi to see how things are working and it's the same.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ...

Hi All,

I successfully installed High Sierra on my hp elitebook 2570p, I've only 2 issue:

- I've the docking station and ethernet with DP works well, but usb doesn't.. any fix?
- I installed using afps and I disabled the trim to avoid the known problem.. It's better reinstall on HFS+J?

Thanks
L.

FYI: The addition of EH02 disable for 4x0 G1 Haswell was for a 450 G1 Haswell back in post #73:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...over-uefi-hotpatch.232948/page-8#post-1595764
The github project is now updated to separate 4x0 G1Haswell from 450 G1 Haswell.

I fixed my profile. Also, I attached files from patchmatic, ioregistryexplorer and the output from terminal.

Attachments

• patchm.zip
    600 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back