Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After selecting disk in Startup Disk and rebooting, the default booting volume not set.
The key problem is nvram variables not updated after I manually change it. (Startup Disk depends on nvram variables)

Probably you forgot to install "RC scripts".
nvram.plist is updated on system shutdown by the RC scripts.
If they are not there (or not working), the nvram.plist is not updated.

Look at nvram.plist on your EFI partition, and analyze your Clover bootlog.

You forgot to attach the images previously requested.
Also, drivers64UEFI is not per guide. Guide uses HFSPlus.efi (and apfs.efi), not VboxHfs-64.efi.

md5 of vanilla IOKit in 10.11.6 with 2017-005 security update is:
Code:
03820d62ca1ffbbe7eed0e2ad3e5b101
Install all the security updates. Then we can compare md5 sums to verify that no patching necessary for 4k (for some reason, different from all others prior).
For patching IOKit, clear instructions for using the-darkvoid's XPS9530.sh script are in the Y50 guide:
Update to 2017-005. But XPS9530.sh not include patch for this version...
Code:
tests-Air:~ test$ sw_vers 
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion:    10.11.6
BuildVersion:    15G18013
tests-Air:~ test$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit 
MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit) = 03820d62ca1ffbbe7eed0e2ad3e5b101

Update to 2017-005. But XPS9530.sh not include patch for this version...

It is because the-darkvoid is using CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext these days...
Plus, you already said your display was working without patching for the pixel clock limit.

So it is matching vanilla md5. And your previous files showed no CoreDisplayFixup.kext, so I guess we can conclude that the particular 4k screen in this particular laptop works without patching for the pixel clock. At least with 10.11.6.

Attachments

• debug_6237.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
Attached debug

What is the issue?
Note that your kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other are not all up-to-date.
Your config.plist also not up-to-date.
Make sure kexts installed to the system volume are also up-to-date (use download.sh and install_downloads.sh).

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi are mutually exclusive. Choose only one. Generally OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi preferred.

Still cannot update to 10.13.2 nor after updating kexts.

What happens with your attempt?
You need to describe your problem in detail.
No one here is clairvoyant.

Note: Your Lilu.kext at EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is still not up-to-date.

After downloading from the App Store it restarts then after it looks briefly as it updates it restarts again and booting on system. Same with combo update. Its first time when I have problem with updating.

Note: I've just upgrading from https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook.git

After downloading from the App Store it restarts then after it looks briefly as it updates it restarts again and booting on system. Same with combo update. Its first time when I have problem with updating.

After the reboot (that follows the update process from the App Store), you must boot the installer from Clover.
Pay attention to the boot targets available in Clover...

Clover would boot the installer partition automatically, but you have overridden it in config.plist/Boot/DefaultVolume.

After the reboot (that follows the update process from the App Store), you must boot the installer from Clover.
Pay attention to the boot targets available in Clover...

Clover would boot the installer partition automatically, but you have overridden it in config.plist/Boot/DefaultVolume.
That's the problem, the installer not exist as boot target.If it had been so simple I would not bother here anymore.

Where can I find a more up-to-date lilu.kext?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back