Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I get that timeout but Idk why. I get it in the past and it did go away after a few restarts but now nothing.

I tried:

Restore BIOS to default settings then apply the correct ones.
reinstall as per your guide the latest kexts (I did checkout to master and git pull because of the merge of the AppleALC branch)
boot without disablegfxfirmware, without trim enabled.
I tried default .config.plist and also I used install_acpi.sh to make sure that everything is in the right place.

Any ideea why I get this ?

Sometimes it says something about AppleIntelCapriController timeout.

// FIXED with EC Reset I think

Attachments

• debug_14969.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20181004-094716.jpg
    Screenshot_20181004-094716.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I've seen it too... bug in upstream Clover, I think...
Maybe will be fixed when I sync to latest svn source...

Best to use DefaultVolume as is.... then set default volume in SysPrefs->Startup Disk.

Hey,

Just tested "lock screen issue". Everything is the same like before updating Clover :/

Attachments

• debug_21292.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
No
I Already have follow your guide..I want to try Mojave so I update patch repository and got black screen..I have 8470p and you have 4540s. it's Different
on my 8470p I got error prelinked kernel

so i decide to erase my macOS system volume..and fresh install Mojave..and guest what ? my 8470p restart immediately when trying to install acpi smart battery
I Uploaded it to youtube

then I use usb clover pre - install and got this (again)
View attachment 355145

I will try to fix the crash (this is caused by new code introduced by the-darkvoid in ACPIBatteryManager.kext),...

But your EFI/Clover is not setup correctly for having ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed.
By the time ACPIBatteryManager.kext is installed, you should be using "Final config.plist" and have the appropriate SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Hi,

I get that timeout but Idk why. I get it in the past and it did go away after a few restarts but now nothing.

I tried:

Restore BIOS to default settings then apply the correct ones.
reinstall as per your guide the latest kexts (I did checkout to master and git pull because of the merge of the AppleALC branch)
boot without disablegfxfirmware, without trim enabled.
I tried default .config.plist and also I used install_acpi.sh to make sure that everything is in the right place.

Any ideea why I get this ?

Sometimes it says something about AppleIntelCapriController timeout.

// FIXED with EC Reset I think

It is due to no Intel MEI on the PCIe bus.
Did your EC reset fix the missing IMEI?

It is due to no Intel MEI on the PCIe bus.
Did your EC reset fix the missing IMEI?

How can I check that ? Using IOREG ?

Here you go. Now it shows

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 16.50.26.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 16.50.26.png
    195 KB · Views: 69
Hey,

Just tested "lock screen issue". Everything is the same like before updating Clover :/

What is "lock screen issue"? What does it have to do with Clover countdown timer and SysPrefs->Startup Disk?

FYI: Guide has now moved to the Mojave Laptop Guides forum.

I will try to fix the crash (this is caused by new code introduced by the-darkvoid in ACPIBatteryManager.kext),...

But your EFI/Clover is not setup correctly for having ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed.
By the time ACPIBatteryManager.kext is installed, you should be using "Final config.plist" and have the appropriate SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
yes of course. because you not mentioned ACPIbatteryManager.Kext and final config.plist in your guide..I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

please fix this acpi battery manager
thank you
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back