Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman,

I am just about to start installing High Sierra on my probe 4540s using this guide, but I want my machine to be dual bootable with windows 10, could you please point me in the right direction to do so and maybe even a triple boot with Linux?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, my probook 4540s

It is covered in post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Always read carefully before asking questions.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • Downloads:RehabMan.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ioreg.zip
    441 KB · Views: 54
  • Terminal Outs.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 59
Sorry heres the files

Comments:
- your ACPI/patched (perhaps config.plist also) not up-to-date with current github
- Your version of Clover is extremely old

Please read the guide carefully and make sure everything is up-to-date as per guide.

Comments:
- your ACPI/patched (perhaps config.plist also) not up-to-date with current github
- Your version of Clover is extremely old

Please read the guide carefully and make sure everything is up-to-date as per guide.
I decided to do a complete reinstall and update to MacOS Sierra. Deleted my Clover files in the EFI file and started from scratch. build is working now. Thanks

Just asking before in El Capitan my brightness buttons (f9 and f10) would increase / decrease the brightness of my backlight on screen but doesn't seem to work now, is there a way to get this working? not a deal breaker but i do use it to conserve power where possible

I decided to do a complete reinstall and update to MacOS Sierra. Deleted my Clover files in the EFI file and started from scratch. build is working now. Thanks

Just asking before in El Capitan my brightness buttons (f9 and f10) would increase / decrease the brightness of my backlight on screen but doesn't seem to work now, is there a way to get this working? not a deal breaker but i do use it to conserve power where possible

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have exactly the same problem since I've installed High Sierra on 4530s.
Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext were removed, AptioMemoryFix.efi was installed long time ago and nothing helps.
Gotta restart laptop 3-4 times a day.
Do you, by any chance, have Parallels Desktop installed? Maybe it is some software interference?

No I don't have it!
Without the Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup the problem is still there...

Attachments

• debug_7405.zip
    729.1 KB · Views: 86
it's here。Every twenty seconds, my computer will go to sleep.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

EFI/Clover is missing from these PR files, so no further analysis done.
(note that ioreg shows battery status not implemented, which is something you should work on right away).

Maybe your _LID method is returning status that indicates lid closed?

Note: Please take further posts to a separate thread. Since you're obviously not approaching your hack with this guide in mind.

Let me first feedback an emergency, my backlight is driven, sleep problems no longer happen.
I have a problem with the previously decompiled DSDT and it has been fixed.
Now the value of BLinjector doesn't cover my highest brightness, just this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back