Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation problems EliteBook 840 G3
I need some help. Last week I had a successful install of High Sierra on my Elitebook 840 G3. As a temporarily WIFI solution I tried to install a tp-link AC450 wireless USB adapter which came with OSX installation SW. After that everything went wrong. I finally decide to ease the osx installation from the SSD built in the Elitebook and prepared a new USB install disk. Installation stops after phase 1, I never get to phase 2. Please find attached the CLOVER file and a screen picture before clover reboots.

Looks like a normal boot. Be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick.

Note: You may need Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Hey guys , just letting you know this install guide wont work on HP Probook 450 G1 with Mojave , it installs ok but it wont boot afterwards , i have tested with a separate partition with the same EFI that works perfectly with High Sierra.
I get some error about the graphics hardware mapping , it installs without issues but it wont boot.
I used latest clover , latest drivers , latest kexts.
I used the standard minimum config.plist and kext for install - only to replace it with my normal working high sierra files afterwards but same result. VoodooPS2 is not working on mojave , i had to plug external usb mouse that works ok

Hi Rehabman, I have an HP Probook 440 G5, and I'm having trouble getting my audio to work as well as my battery. I tried using the quick fix method for AppleHDA unsupported audio and I still cannot get the audio to work. The battery is stuck at 0% and does not show up on the status menu bar. Everything else seems to work including HDMI. Please let me know what I can do thanks.

Attachments

• Hp Probook IOReg.zip
    579.4 KB · Views: 52
  • RehabMan.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 64
  • EFI .zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
Looks like a normal boot. Be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick.

The problem is that when CLOVER reboots, there no extras. option to

Sorry I should rephrase a little. Phase 1 finishes, however after rebooting CLOVER does not show the option "Boot macOS Install from ..." entry. The only option I have is to "Install from install _osx"

hp probook 430 g4 supports i2c?

Hi,

I have an Elitebook 840 G1 and have used this guide to install High Sierra. Everything works great. There's just one thing that I can't figure out. The OS doesn't recognise the ESC key on the laptop keyboard.

The ESC key is functional as I can use it when powering the laptop to enter the BIOS. But Mac OS just doesn't recognise any key presses for it at all. KeyRemap4MacBook (now called Karabiner) doesn't show show any events when clicking on the key.

I'd be grateful for any ideas. Happy to supply logs/outputs, just let me know which ones.

Regards

Hey guys , just letting you know this install guide wont work on HP Probook 450 G1 with Mojave , it installs ok but it wont boot afterwards , i have tested with a separate partition with the same EFI that works perfectly with High Sierra.
I get some error about the graphics hardware mapping , it installs without issues but it wont boot.
I used latest clover , latest drivers , latest kexts.
I used the standard minimum config.plist and kext for install - only to replace it with my normal working high sierra files afterwards but same result. VoodooPS2 is not working on mojave , i had to plug external usb mouse that works ok

Make sure you use the 'beta' branch as per post #1.

Also, you cannot use Clover to inject for the IGPU (it is injecting AAPL,GfxYTile which causes hang on boot).
I have a private build of Clover that does not inject AAPL,GfxYTile.
Read here for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Of course, once you switch to using SSDT-IGPU.aml and final config.plist, my setup does not inject AAPL,GfxYTile, so the problem goes away. If you're using "official" Clover from sourceforge, you need to use an invalid ig-platform-id to be able to boot.

Hi Rehabman, I have an HP Probook 440 G5, and I'm having trouble getting my audio to work as well as my battery. I tried using the quick fix method for AppleHDA unsupported audio and I still cannot get the audio to work. The battery is stuck at 0% and does not show up on the status menu bar. Everything else seems to work including HDMI. Please let me know what I can do thanks.

You did not follow the guide.
Read post #1.

Sorry I should rephrase a little. Phase 1 finishes, however after rebooting CLOVER does not show the option "Boot macOS Install from ..." entry. The only option I have is to "Install from install _osx"

You must boot the install_osx entry on USB until the other one appears.
Make sure your Clover is the recommended Clover as per guide (currently RehabMan r4444).
Don't forget about apfs.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back