Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not lucky. still not work. To confirm the patch, I attached the latest requested file.

The patch is doing what I expected: changed connector-type to DP <00 04 00 00> for framebuffer@1, it was eDP <04 00 00 00>.

Try patching to eliminate the 0204 connector (I'm assuming it isn't used)...
Comment: 0204 port as NULL, 0x04260000
Find: 02 04 09 00 00 08 00 00 82 00 00 00
Replace: FF 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 40 00 00 00
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Otherwise, you might try other ig-platform-id values... for example, we used to use 0xa260006 but changed to 0x04260000 as some users reported problems. You can see how the ig-platform-id (IGPI) and PWMMax values (LMAX) are overridden in your model specific SSDT.

Also, you should check that DVMT-prealloc is set correctly in BIOS. 0x04260000 requires 64mb whereas 0xa260006 requires only 32mb.

Guys. Please help - after OSX update I have kernel panic. What I can do to make my hp work again?

Attachments

• IMG_20180301_230053.jpg
    IMG_20180301_230053.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 96
Guys. Please help - after OSX update I have kernel panic. What I can do to make my hp work again?

You need to update Lilu.kext.
As per guide, "System updates", it is something you should have done *prior* to the update.

Yay .. after a very long time, I managed to get a hold on the Broadcom Wifi module for my HP 840 G3 hackintosh .. and it's working like a charm!!! Now I will try to install Sierra High :) ... thanx for all the tips

Read post #1.
i tried with the probook.git script and the 'SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake' settings, different bios settings with and without hybrid-graphics (finaly i would need discrete graphics), different smbios and with el cap, sierra and high sierra. unfortunately i was not able to get any graphics on the screen instead of 1024 px vesa with 'nv-disabled'.

anyone any ideas or sucessfull build with HP zbook studio G3 UHD-display ?

clover-folder attached - thx in advance !

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
i tried with the probook.git script and the 'SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake' settings, different bios settings with and without hybrid-graphics (finaly i would need discrete graphics), different smbios and with el cap, sierra and high sierra. unfortunately i was not able to get any graphics on the screen instead of 1024 px vesa with 'nv-disabled'.

anyone any ideas or sucessfull build with HP zbook studio G3 UHD-display ?

clover-folder attached - thx in advance !

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: This guide only supports laptops with Intel graphics. Your profile indicates you don't have Intel graphics (it shows Nvidia only). Because you didn't press F2 before collecting EFI/Clover, nor did you provide ioreg, or any of the other PR files, I cannot verify whether your profile is accurate or inaccurate.

Hey Guys
I have a Elitebook 8460P with Ati Graphics and a intel i5 2550.
My Battery Symbol is always showing that it is charging and my Brightnis is not working.
My sleep isnt working either,
Everything else is working fine.
What do you need from me to help me and how do i get that ?

Hey Guys
I have a Elitebook 8460P with Ati Graphics and a intel i5 2550.
My Battery Symbol is always showing that it is charging and my Brightnis is not working.
My sleep isnt working either,
Everything else is working fine.
What do you need from me to help me and how do i get that ?
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Upload your "problem reporting" files here

(there is a handy tool to use on the FAQ to collect the required information)

also update your hardware profile with your laptop specs please

So here is my Efi Folder :)
And i Changed the Signiture.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back