Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi boss, i have a hp 2570p with i7 3632qm hd4000 . i want to installer 10.12.6 , did somebody has efi folder? thanks

Hi there! Is it safe to update from EL capitan to high sierra? HP prebook 4530s clover.

Thanks RehabMan,

I know about the Major Updates steps.

Our question was is it safe.

Regards

If done correctly, then yes... safe.

Keep in mind some things about 10.13:
- conversion to APFS is automatic (unless you take special actions) on solid state drives
- apfs.efi required if you do APFS conversion
- Clover, kexts, etc should be updated
- always have a backup
- always have USB install stick (with latest Clover) that can be used to boot your system

Hey @RehabMan I am now on High Sierra but when I try to write in the EFI over the terminal I get a error message
no matter what I write about the terminal from your project into the EFI I get the same error message

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.10.27.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.10.27.png
    336.9 KB · Views: 85
Hey @RehabMan I am now on High Sierra but when I try to write in the EFI over the terminal I get a error message
no matter what I write about the terminal from your project into the EFI I get the same error message

You forgot to update the repo (or you're not using the beta branch), and as a result you have a mount_efi.sh that does not work with APFS.
Read post #1 regarding procedures for major updates.
And read post #1 regarding the beta branch.

Note: High Sierra changes are only present in the 'beta' branch.

You forgot to update the repo (or you're not using the beta branch), and as a result you have a mount_efi.sh that does not work with APFS.
Read post #1 regarding procedures for major updates.
And read post #1 regarding the beta branch.

Note: High Sierra changes are only present in the 'beta' branch.
ok everything works great but my sound does not work should under the beta branch function again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back