Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you patch AppleHDA.kext, make sure first that vanilla AppleHDA.kext is in /S/L/E.
You will need to run the installer since my scripts do not make a copy of it.
Or if you only had used the hotpatch before, you can remove all the *.zml.zlib files from AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources.
And don't forget to disable the xml/zml patch. In fact, it must be disabled prior to running patch_hda.sh!

i found this in the thread - still quite unsure about the procedure to use the script

first, it seems like the only argument discussed is patch_hda ProBook , there is no other model?

Disabling the xml/zml patch means editing the config.plist installed with the guide?

Hi RehabMan, please can you check if my configuration works fine?
I updated with the command:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched.

Please find attached the problem reporting files.
Thanks

Attachments

• rehabman problems.zip
    899.3 KB · Views: 80
i found this in the thread - still quite unsure about the procedure to use the script

first, it seems like the only argument discussed is patch_hda ProBook , there is no other model?

The Resources_ProBook has all codecs used by this guide, and therefore so does the resulting patched AppleHDA.

Disabling the xml/zml patch means editing the config.plist installed with the guide?

Yes.

Hi RehabMan, please can you check if my configuration works fine?
I updated with the command:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched.

Please find attached the problem reporting files.
Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you did not describe any problem.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you did not describe any problem.

Sorry, attached can find the complete files. The problem is that after update i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched. Now i'm afraid to reboot. Just want to know if my configuration works good for you. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• rehabman problems2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • patched.jpg
    patched.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 98
Sorry, attached can find the complete files. The problem is that after update i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched. Now i'm afraid to reboot. Just want to know if my configuration works good for you. Thanks a lot.

Your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is wrong.
You should not have SSDT.aml there. Remove it.

You should probably read the guide carefully, in case there is something else you did not according to the guide.

Note: Your config.plist is corrupt. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is wrong.
You should not have SSDT.aml there. Remove it.

You should probably read the guide carefully, in case there is something else you did not according to the guide.

Note: Your config.plist is corrupt. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Please find attached a new configuration. Please let me know if works well for you.

Attachments

• RehabMan Reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Please find attached a new configuration. Please let me know if works well for you.

Is there an issue?
Note: I don't have your laptop. Your ACPI/patched content is now correct.

Is there an issue?
Note: I don't have your laptop. Your ACPI/patched content is now correct.

Thanks for your patience.

Issue #1: after update to the patch repositories i had only 3 SSDT files in ACPI/patched and i was afraid to reboot (before the update there were 19 SSDT files in that folder). Now is ok thanks.

Issue #2: Everytime i turn on my pc, the Clover default boot option is "Boot recover from recovery hd" instead of "Boot macos from hdd". How can i set "Boot macos from hdd" as default in clover options? Please can you tell me where can i change this setting. Please find attached image.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Attachments

• RehabMan Reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20170624_113214.jpg
    IMG_20170624_113214.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
Issue #2: Everytime i turn on my pc, the Clover default boot option is "Boot recover from recovery hd" instead of "Boot macos from hdd". How can i set "Boot macos from hdd" as default in clover options? Please can you tell me where can i change this setting. Please find attached image.

SysPrefs->Startup Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back