Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my Kexts And Config.plist......Please help.....
HP Probook 450 G3
Core i7 Skylake 6500u
8 Gb ram
Intel hd graphics 520

Attachments

• config.plist
    20 KB · Views: 140
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 64
  • FakePCIID.kext.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FakeSMC.kext.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 73
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 71
  • ProBookAtheros.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 62
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 92
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    93.7 KB · Views: 67
Hi RehabMan i have been following this thread for some time, been installin osx on HP notebooks to fellow friends (musicians and video makers in Milan) since january. I solved most issues by reading this thread or just waiting for your updates, and also i could report a lot of ssues i had expecially with audio coming and going random (but it seems like you fixed this during summer, being running great this week). The reason i am now posting on the thread is a more serious issue that i stumbled upon yesterday: the elitebook 840 g1 bios starting from 1.39 (late 2016 update) gives serious glitches with the internal screen.

In june i hacked the first 840 g1 and was super satisfied with the result, also because the audio was ust as stable as the old 6570b i made (while the 840 G2 and 820 G2 i had made previously all had random audio not orking at boot, no metter the ssdt layout changes so i had to run voodoohda). The laptop had a i5 4310U and an AMD RADEON HD8750. So when i came back from holidays i bought one for myself from the same supplier (identical model). I run the whole install process but the screen has some major glitches, like scrambling all the time. I called back my friend and copied the bios setting from there without any result (memory size, Hybrid Graphics Enhanched Feature, everything). I then proceded to swap the SSDs, maybe it was some late update to your github, but no avail (also quick note: now the audio jack is working with the latest code; that prompted me to reinstall from scratch on the 840 g2 i made for my sister, that is now working stable without Voodoo HDA!). No change: the new 840 with the old ssd (installed in june) still glitches, the old 840 with the new code does not.
I finaly nailed the issue with the bios revision installed n the notebook, the old working one has 1.37 while the new had 1.39. I tried to roll back the bios but the notebook would not allow that, so i proceeded to update to 1.40 (released this summer) but the problem is now even worst.
The problem is not happeing on windows or Linux. I tried EC reset an tried to upgrade graphic drivers on windows. I tried different ram configurations (swapped with the old ram also). What are your suggestions?

I also found out that the new code has a issue i found also on an Acer Aspire Nitro with HD 4600, that is slow mouse pointer after login or resume from sleep, an issue not found in the code from june (so the old ssd has glitched but mouse was responsive and audio jac was not orking, even on the new bios note).

Attachments

• error report.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
When I first installed Mac OS X 10.12.4 .... everything was working... I had a portable wifi which I connected by a USB cable for internet....MAC AppStore was working fine ...... only thing which not working was the audio jack so I bought a audio dongle which works fine..... after sometime I had to switch back to windows so I fresh installed windows and a week ago I installed the same OS X and can't log in to AppStore.... WHY WHY WHY ... web browsing is blazing fast ... y can't Mac AppStore log me in.....

HP Probook 450 G3
Core i7 Skylake 6500u
8 Gb ram
Intel hd graphics 520
Latest bios

Please help ... I did followed your guide step by step ......
Rehab man.... I know you have a lot of experience in hackintosh and you deal a lot of Hackintosh problems everyday..... but please don't give me the link of frequently asked questions of laptops ....

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

ec resset was done before this discussion (when sound problem ...). removing the vodoo.... .kext, restarting it, closing the lid it sleeps.

So (if I understand correctly)... something peculiar with PS2 and lid initiated sleep on your computer.
I assume Apple->Sleep works just fine with VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

how to reinstall voodoo... . kext ( via kext installer, or just copy it to /L/E )?

You can use Terminal to install it:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
sudo cp -R downloads/kexts/RehabMan-Voodoo*/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
read it and attached the zip already, dud you check it? it is fro the glitching one with 1.40 bios

edit NVM it was not a reply to me maybe. i cann really understand the way the notification on my mail work

Last edited:
These are my Kexts And Config.plist......Please help.....
HP Probook 450 G3
Core i7 Skylake 6500u
8 Gb ram
Intel hd graphics 520

You did not attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.
Please read post #1 carefully.

read it and attached the zip already, dud you check it? it is fro the glitching one with 1.40 bios

The post you quoted was not addressed to you.

Hi RehabMan i have been following this thread for some time, been installin osx on HP notebooks to fellow friends (musicians and video makers in Milan) since january. I solved most issues by reading this thread or just waiting for your updates, and also i could report a lot of ssues i had expecially with audio coming and going random (but it seems like you fixed this during summer, being running great this week). The reason i am now posting on the thread is a more serious issue that i stumbled upon yesterday: the elitebook 840 g1 bios starting from 1.39 (late 2016 update) gives serious glitches with the internal screen.

In june i hacked the first 840 g1 and was super satisfied with the result, also because the audio was ust as stable as the old 6570b i made (while the 840 G2 and 820 G2 i had made previously all had random audio not orking at boot, no metter the ssdt layout changes so i had to run voodoohda). The laptop had a i5 4310U and an AMD RADEON HD8750. So when i came back from holidays i bought one for myself from the same supplier (identical model). I run the whole install process but the screen has some major glitches, like scrambling all the time. I called back my friend and copied the bios setting from there without any result (memory size, Hybrid Graphics Enhanched Feature, everything). I then proceded to swap the SSDs, maybe it was some late update to your github, but no avail (also quick note: now the audio jack is working with the latest code; that prompted me to reinstall from scratch on the 840 g2 i made for my sister, that is now working stable without Voodoo HDA!). No change: the new 840 with the old ssd (installed in june) still glitches, the old 840 with the new code does not.
I finaly nailed the issue with the bios revision installed n the notebook, the old working one has 1.37 while the new had 1.39. I tried to roll back the bios but the notebook would not allow that, so i proceeded to update to 1.40 (released this summer) but the problem is now even worst.
The problem is not happeing on windows or Linux. I tried EC reset an tried to upgrade graphic drivers on windows. I tried different ram configurations (swapped with the old ram also). What are your suggestions?

I also found out that the new code has a issue i found also on an Acer Aspire Nitro with HD 4600, that is slow mouse pointer after login or resume from sleep, an issue not found in the code from june (so the old ssd has glitched but mouse was responsive and audio jac was not orking, even on the new bios note).

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ/guide.
Please fix.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your "Problem Reporting" files are also incomplete. Missing 'patchmatic -extract' output. Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back