Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but did not opened it when i was clicking it to open in MAS.

I don't know why you would try to open it.
Your goal is to delete it from your system so you can re-download from the Purchases tab.

maybe if i would have simply copied the installer .12.6.app to that partition it would have been enough .

Not likely.

if you are ok
open clover configurator select hit up/down button (it's somewhere on the right side at middle in the clover window.

this will reveal mac models ... select one that matches yours. this will generate serial nr and mlb ... and others ids. in RtVariables select use addr0 as rom . run uuidgen in terminal - paste the result to SmUUID in SmBios. save file as dumy.plist

delete Smbios from config.plist copy and paste using plist editor pro SmBios values from dumy to config located on your EFI partition, also copy ROM to RtVariables . At SmBios click trust and mobile in dumy before copying SmBios to config.plist.

clover configurator will populate the wright keys. you do not have to input the manually .

reboot to see if will work

help .....I followed you but. no luck

Attachments

• config.plist
    20 KB · Views: 127
Your goal is to delete it from your system so you can re-download from the Purchases tab.

it was not on my purchases tab I`ve never ever downloaded it. I meant that if I was trying to click on the open button in MAS it would not open (with the dreaded HDD 0installer attached.) - you know ”open” from MAS as I did not had the download option . So if I clicked on open from MAS I would not open ... it did nothing, and also could not download it ... After all it would have been better not to remove the f....g HDD installer and by that I could not have been able to download it and that would have been so much better. now I`ve spent 10 hrs (5 searching the files 5 on copying them to other hdd) so yeah that `s why I asked you , and asking you again to put a line there ”Attention this will erase your drive”.

Not likely.

the .app are the same size . exactly the same . my partition was already bootable from the first time created media install ... so yeah, I think it would have worked ... actually I will delete the file and copy it again and see if it works and I will let you know.

herse a screen with the files one located in applications and the other one in the created media.

Captură de ecran din 2017.09.01 la 21.38.20.png

help .....I followed you but. no luck
what did not worked ?

at first before populating SmBios and ROM (when copied the ...g3.plist to EFI/CLOVER/ ) did your pc stared up without kernel panic?

please help me....still not able to fix Mac Appstore Error .....{ Failed to Sign In }☹️
I have uploaded my config.plist file........please can someone edit it if it has issues AND guide

Attachments

• config.plist
    20 KB · Views: 129
what did not worked ?

at first before populating SmBios and ROM (when copied the ...g3.plist to EFI/CLOVER/ ) did your pc stared up without kernel panic?

when I copied the file g3.plist file to (EFI/CLOVER) .....the pc booted without any kernel panic.....

here is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    20 KB · Views: 95
it was not on my purchases tab I`ve never ever downloaded it.

How did you install macOS if you never downloaded it from the Mac App Store?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

How did you install macOS if you never downloaded it from the Mac App Store?

i have downloaded it from MAS but not from my id.

A friend of mine has a Apple Macbook Air early 2015, and from his id i have downloaded the OS. On that Macbook Air i made my installer.

I thought that MAS it would not let me download the .12.6 on my machine, cause as i told you, on MAS (with HDD installer attached ), OS Sierra showed as "open" but by clicking it, it did not open nothing, just when i ejected the installer the download button showed up... it would have been better that it wouldn't:(.

i can confirm that just copying the installer... .app to the already created installer media, overwriting the older .app, installing process it booted wright up.

i have downloaded it from MAS but not from my id.

A friend of mine has a Apple Macbook Air early 2015, and from his id i have downloaded the OS. On that Macbook Air i made my installer.[/quote]

You should have used your own id.
Since you didn't, you then go through the normal process of downloading via the main App Store.
But the requirement of having it nowhere to be found on the machine is still paramount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back