Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just disabled trimforce
seems to work
And thanks for your answers , I'll try my best .

RehabMan, I looked in the SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl file (still working on this Probook 450g1), but didn't see a DGPU line, just include statements to the various ssdt files/components. Maybe I misunderstood you, but by model specific SSDT, I thought you meant this file (SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl in the case of this laptop). I did see an include line for the SSDT-Hack.asl file, so should I still edit that file so the changes are included when I build? Or do I add the line to the SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl file? Or am I going about this the wrong way :) sorry for all the questions...

RehabMan, I looked in the SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl file (still working on this Probook 450g1), but didn't see a DGPU line, just include statements to the various ssdt files/components. Maybe I misunderstood you, but by model specific SSDT, I thought you meant this file (SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl in the case of this laptop). I did see an include line for the SSDT-Hack.asl file, so should I still edit that file so the changes are included when I build? Or do I add the line to the SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl file? Or am I going about this the wrong way :) sorry for all the questions...

You're looking at the wrong file. You need to look at SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.aml in your ACPI/patched.
Or change it in hotpatch/SSDT-HACK.asl and go through the build process.

O OK! Got it. For some reason I thought I had to make the change before running the build.sh script to compile the files; I think that's how I did it last time.

O OK! Got it. For some reason I thought I had to make the change before running the build.sh script to compile the files; I think that's how I did it last time.

If you expect ./build.sh to build a file with the change already made, then yes, you would edit SSDT-HACK.asl and then run ./build.sh.

But you can also edit the built result (AML) directly...

You can decide for yourself which is more convenient.

Yes.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

It's weird.. when I updated to 10.12.4, everything works perfect except the wifi.
Your guidance works for Sierra 10.12.4. Awesome !
Ethernet & bluetooth have been detected, only wifi not yet.

Thanks RehabMan !

Regarding brightness, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
No idea what I did, but the brightness Fn keys began working on their own. I also fixed the problem with the Volume keys by using some VoodooHDA tips found in another thread.

Now I've got one last issue that's got me completely stumped. I've tested this for a few hours in each memory configuration, and the results seem reproducible. Whenever I configure the memory in a dual channel configuration, I eventually start seeing graphics corruption on the desktop. 3D graphics however seem fine, and games run w/o apparent issue. A reboot will temporarily resolve the problem, but after a few minutes or up to an hour or so the desktop will start getting garbled.

This is not a huge issue, since gaming isn't really this laptop's forte. But a dual channel config does increase 3D iGPU performance, and makes some otherwise unplayable games at least tolerable. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I don't see IOReg Explorer version 2.1 attached to either your OP or the referenced post. Where can I find it? The referenced post has "IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3" attached.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.zip
    813 bytes · Views: 74
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • kextcache-u.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Kextstat Output.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
  • RehabMan.zip
    60.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
After repo update, I have a problem with sound/battery status on HP 470G3 (MacOS 10.12.4). I have appleALC.kext and before repo update everything works fine. But now, if I check in clover configurator fixhda_8000 my audio is working, but not working battery status and display brightness regulator. If I uncheck fixhda_8000 - no sound, but battery and display brightness is working.

It's weird.. when I updated to 10.12.4, everything works perfect except the wifi.
Your guidance works for Sierra 10.12.4. Awesome !
Ethernet & bluetooth have been detected, only wifi not yet.

Thanks RehabMan !

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Now I've got one last issue that's got me completely stumped. I've tested this for a few hours in each memory configuration, and the results seem reproducible. Whenever I configure the memory in a dual channel configuration, I eventually start seeing graphics corruption on the desktop. 3D graphics however seem fine, and games run w/o apparent issue. A reboot will temporarily resolve the problem, but after a few minutes or up to an hour or so the desktop will start getting garbled.

Did you do EC reset?
How much RAM installed?

Note: You're not using the latest files from github.

EDIT: I don't see IOReg Explorer version 2.1 attached to either your OP or the referenced post. Where can I find it? The referenced post has "IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3" attached.

It is 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back