Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide.

Does it work for Sierra (Am I enter wrong forum) ?
I've just installed Sierra on HP ProBook 430 G1
Display Graphics -- OK
Audio -- doesn't work ( I can't find option boot without cache, I just found boot with selected options and without injected kexts )
Wifi -- doesn't work
Btw, how to set brightness ? There is no brightness setup in System Preferences > Display. I tried Fn/F9 but doesn't work either.

Does it work for Sierra (Am I enter wrong forum) ?

Yes.

I've just installed Sierra on HP ProBook 430 G1
Display Graphics -- OK
Audio -- doesn't work ( I can't find option boot without cache, I just found boot with selected options and without injected kexts )
Wifi -- doesn't work
Btw, how to set brightness ? There is no brightness setup in System Preferences > Display. I tried Fn/F9 but doesn't work either.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Is updating SSDT-HACK with DGPU=0 still necessary if the AMD GPU is disabled in BIOS? The guide still mentions it so I'm assuming it is, but want to be sure, since the SSDT-HACK file now has an ASL extension and the guide still refers to the DSL; don't want to screw anything up :)

Is updating SSDT-HACK with DGPU=0 still necessary if the AMD GPU is disabled in BIOS? The guide still mentions it so I'm assuming it is, but want to be sure, since the SSDT-HACK file now has an ASL extension and the guide still refers to the DSL; don't want to screw anything up :)

Yes, but DGPU is in your model specific SSDT now.

Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Imo you must read "DVMT-prealloc on Broadwell / Skylake / Kaby Lake"

I've checked the DVMT-prealloc , it was 64 Mb .
Finally I gave up with a fresh install , cloned my previous system onto the internal SSD , cloned the last EFI I've done yesterday ( the one you said was appropriate ) , booted , and finished the post-install with your github , with at least 15 kernelpanics and reboots , and it seems to work .
I've noticed that the battery doesn't show up when the boot is finished , it takes 5 sec , which is not a problem , but maybe I should put more kexts in clover folder in EFI . What do you think ?
But anyway it's not working so well , I've just have 3 kernelpanics in 10 minutes ..
So probably 2 weeks ago I've update to the last clover , and maybe that wasn't a good idea ..
here it is some files if you want to check
Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• samrice430G2.zip
    2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Imo you must read "DVMT-prealloc on Broadwell / Skylake / Kaby Lake"

I've checked the DVMT-prealloc , it was 64 Mb .
Finally I gave up with a fresh install , cloned my previous system onto the internal SSD , cloned the last EFI I've done yesterday ( the one you said was appropriate ) , booted , and finished the post-install with your github , with at least 15 kernelpanics and reboots , and it seems to work .
I've noticed that the battery doesn't show up when the boot is finished , it takes 5 sec , which is not a problem , but maybe I should put more kexts in clover folder in EFI . What do you think ?
But anyway it's not working so well , I've just have 3 kernelpanics in 10 minutes ..
So probably 2 weeks ago I've update to the last clover , and maybe that wasn't a good idea ..
here it is some files if you want to check
Thanks again for your help

Your ioreg shows audio not working.
Make sure you follow post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio" (you should use pre-patch_hda.sh).

You should not use trimforce. TRIM patch is already in config.plist.

As far as battery 5 sec delay, you might experiment with StartupDelay (look in ACPIBatteryManager.kext Info.plist).
If we need a different delay, we can override in ACPI.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Is BIOS up-to-date?
Did you remember to do EC reset?

Not sure your SMBIOS choice is the best...

Your ioreg shows audio not working.
Make sure you follow post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio" (you should use pre-patch_hda.sh).

Yes from time to time Audio is not working so I reboot once or twice and it works

You should not use trimforce. TRIM patch is already in config.plist.

How do I do that ?

On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

from my Mac Pro 2009 , 10.9

2 months ago it was on a HDD , it worked , no problem , and this time first on a ssd , didn't work , and then usb key ,didn't work neither , I always ended with mac os utilities app or kernel panic

What do you mean "on... usb key"?
USB is only used for the installer.

Not sure your SMBIOS choice is the best...

yes your right , everytime I've used the ssdtPRGen.sh it tells me it's wrong ..
but I don't know how to change that ..

and also sleep doesn't seems to work . It reboot
When I used Kext wizard to rebuild the cache , it freeze .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've answered to the first questions in the quote
I've just disabled trimforce
thx

Last edited:
yes your right , everytime I've used the ssdtPRGen.sh it tells me it's wrong ..
but I don't know how to change that ..

SMBIOS is set in config.plist/SMBIOS.

Yes from time to time Audio is not working so I reboot once or twice and it works

Use pre-patch_hda.sh as per post #1.

and also sleep doesn't seems to work . It reboot

Lack of correct audio implementation is going to cause problems...
Don't bother testing further until you fix it.

How do I do that ?

Fresh install. Don't use trimforce.
Also, it is possible your SSD is not very compatible, or not compatible with TRIM.
Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist if you suspect incompatibility.
And check that you have the latest firmware on your SSD.

When I used Kext wizard to rebuild the cache , it freeze .

Kext Wizard is not needed to rebuild cache.
Rebuilding cache should be done from Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Last edited:
I've answered to the first questions in the quote

I will edit your post so your responses are not hidden. You might want to be more careful in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back