Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not follow the guide.
Read post #1, and follow as written.
Make sure you're using current github content.

Thanks for your answer
So I started again from the beginning, I made a new installer, using the last clover and your last github content,check the bios setup, but I was never able to finish the installation, there was always panic and restart.
I decided to use the first installer I used 2 months ago, with an older clover, and finally I managed to install el capitan, but after 15 mn it started to panic and reboot.
I don't know what to do ... Why was it so easy 2 months ago and now it doesn't work?
But maybe it's too hard for me and I really missed something ...
If you see something particular in the files I've send you in my previous message , please let me know!
And anyway thanks for what you're doing.

If this is regarding your 9470M, there is no whitelist.
If this is regarding your 8460P, there is a whitelist.

Thanks for your help. Doubts resolved. In my 8460 I have 43224HMS. I will update it on my profile.

Thanks for your answer
So I started again from the beginning, I made a new installer, using the last clover and your last github content,check the bios setup, but I was never able to finish the installation, there was always panic and restart.
I decided to use the first installer I used 2 months ago, with an older clover, and finally I managed to install el capitan, but after 15 mn it started to panic and reboot.
I don't know what to do ... Why was it so easy 2 months ago and now it doesn't work?
But maybe it's too hard for me and I really missed something ...
If you see something particular in the files I've send you in my previous message , please let me know!
And anyway thanks for what you're doing.

If you have an issue...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Quick question:
Does the project use less ssdt files now?

I'm in the process of converting my friend's probook 450g1 (haswell, i5 4200u, hd4600 at 1366X768) (not the one in my sig), from a PBIC setup to this one, and I noticed that the install_acpi.sh script only copied 3 ssdt files to EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched:
SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.aml, SSDT-FAN-READ.aml, and SSDT-IGPU.aml. It did not copy any keyboard, battery, USB etc. My own probook 450g3 (the one in my sig) has quite a few more files in this folder, so I'm wondering if this is normal now, or perhaps it is for this model, or if I did something wrong. I used a new clover install (with a clean EFI partition) and the code from the master branch, downloaded earlier today.
I was going to try and manually copy the SSDT files to clover, but I noticed that the build folder didn't have any of the USB or keyboard or battery files compiled in it either, even though they exist in the hotpatch folder; it seems that only the files with .dsl extensions were compiled and placed in build, but all the files with the .asl extension were not.

I'm just wondering if this is normal for this model, if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's something wrong in one of the scripts; it's been a few months since I did my own Probook or been able to visit the forum, so I just want to make sure that this is or isn't normal.
I will do a clean install later tonight and will try again, if this is an issue and I need to provide the troubleshooting zip, please let me know; once I complete the install and go through the guide I can post it. If this is normal behavior for this model, or the new way of doing things, sorry for the inconvenience :)

THX!

Quick question:
Does the project use less ssdt files now?

Yes.
A typical installation will have 4:
- model specific SSDT
- SSDT-IGPU.aml
- SSDT-FAN-*.aml
- SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)

Yes.
A typical installation will have 4:
- model specific SSDT
- SSDT-IGPU.aml
- SSDT-FAN-*.aml
- SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)

Awesome, thanks RehabMan. Are there improvements with this setup as oppose to the old way? Think I should update the project source on my probook g3 which I did a few months back.

Awesome, thanks RehabMan. Are there improvements with this setup as oppose to the old way? Think I should update the project source on my probook g3 which I did a few months back.

Less files to load, so there might be a performance advantage.
But mainly I did it for myself:
- easier to manage this way (easier to add new models)
- simpler build process
- easier to verify correctness when people attach "Problem Reporting" files

Attachments

• tmp_7709-DSC_014045495116.JPG
    tmp_7709-DSC_014045495116.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
  • tmp_7709-DSC_0141-2016743971.JPG
    tmp_7709-DSC_0141-2016743971.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • tmp_7709-DSC_01391002030043.JPG
    tmp_7709-DSC_01391002030043.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Archive.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
I can't boot anymore.. Here the kind of screens I get , and the clover folder. Hope it can help. Thanks

The EFI/Clover you attached is appropriate for installation.
But your panic image shows you're not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back