Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I have an HP ProBook 450 G2 that was working perfectly on 10.11.1-2. When I upgraded to 10.11.6 I've managed to make everything work but sound. It boots, but speaker icon is disabled.

I'm getting several "Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver". I've tried to restore to native AppleHDA and follow the patching guides for ALC282 like https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC with no success. Maybe with some guidance I can work my way out of this.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have an HP ProBook 450 G2 that was working perfectly on 10.11.1-2. When I upgraded to 10.11.6 I've managed to make everything work but sound. It boots, but speaker icon is disabled.

I'm getting several "Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver". I've tried to restore to native AppleHDA and follow the patching guides for ALC282 like https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC with no success. Maybe with some guidance I can work my way out of this.

Thanks!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
This guide does not use AppleALC.

So I managed to get to the second stage of the installation and boot to macOS desktop after wiping the whole drive.
Continuing with the guide, right after
Code:
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
I reboot to get this:

Attachments

• no.zip
    64.1 MB · Views: 133
Sorry, I think didn't explained myself correctly :oops:. I did follow this guide and got stuck ... and used the AppleALC one and also got no sound. I I just mentioned the AppleALC to give context on how many things I've tried :) Last time I followed this guide was a couple of months. I will re-read it to see if something has changed, do the whole process again and come back with detailed step to step things that I've done and their results.

Sorry, I think didn't explained myself correctly :oops:. I did follow this guide and got stuck ... and used the AppleALC one and also got no sound. I I just mentioned the AppleALC to give context on how many things I've tried :) Last time I followed this guide was a couple of months. I will re-read it to see if something has changed, do the whole process again and come back with detailed step to step things that I've done and their results.

Follow the guide as written. Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
If you still have an issue with audio, read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and attach all files/output requested.

So I managed to get to the second stage of the installation and boot to macOS desktop after wiping the whole drive.
Continuing with the guide, right after
Code:
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
I reboot to get this:

I'm guessing you neglected to setup config.plist and ACPI/patched as per guide... ("Final config.plist" and use of install_acpi.sh).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm guessing you neglected to setup config.plist and ACPI/patched as per guide... ("Final config.plist" and use of install_acpi.sh).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
the install_acpi.sh part come after the install_downloads.sh part, and the guide says we can reboot right after the latter. which I did and ended up having a non bootable install.
If you wish, you can reboot to verify a few more items are working (many only partially). Booting may be a bit slower at this point because of the kexts installed but with incorrect ACPI setup.
So what you're saying is that I shouldn't have rebooted after install_downloads.sh?
I was just following the guide =(

the install_acpi.sh part come after the install_downloads.sh part, and the guide says we can reboot right after the latter. which I did and ended up having a non bootable install.

Not with your hardware.
You would have to manually install SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
But with the proper ACPI configuration, the SATA issue will be fixed.

If you setup your EFI/Clover/kexts properly on your HDD/SSD, you should be able to boot "with kext injection" from there, or from your USB (if you didn't set EFI/Clover/kexts properly on HDD/SSD..).

So what you're saying is that I shouldn't have rebooted after install_downloads.sh?
I was just following the guide =(

Rebooting after that stage is mentioned as optional and those instructions were added before Skylake support was even added...

Hi, I have Sierra installed on an HP ProBook 640 G1. Took quite a few attempts and a lot of searching on these forums but everything looks good except there's no Displayport output. In the guide it says that everything is patched for HDMI so I'm hoping that's the problem because I know it works under Windows with the cables and screen I have. I "think" I've attached all the files mentioned in the Problem Report section and if I can get the Displayport output working correctly, then I'll be trialing this as my main laptop for a while but an external screen is crucial.
I only have USB Wifi and Bluetooth right now but I'm prepared to go and get a compatible internal card if I can get this solved.
Would really appreciate any help with this and I'd just like to say what a great resource this site is.
This is my first post so I'm hoping the laptop details are showing correctly in my sig. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Clover-ioreg-commands.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • RehabMan.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi, I have Sierra installed on an HP ProBook 640 G1. Took quite a few attempts and a lot of searching on these forums but everything looks good except there's no Displayport output. In the guide it says that everything is patched for HDMI so I'm hoping that's the problem because I know it works under Windows with the cables and screen I have. I "think" I've attached all the files mentioned in the Problem Report section and if I can get the Displayport output working correctly, then I'll be trialing this as my main laptop for a while but an external screen is crucial.
I only have USB Wifi and Bluetooth right now but I'm prepared to go and get a compatible internal card if I can get this solved.
Would really appreciate any help with this and I'd just like to say what a great resource this site is.
This is my first post so I'm hoping the laptop details are showing correctly in my sig. Thanks everyone.

What happens when you plug in monitor to the DP port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back