Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not loaded due to unsupported BT controller (a5c:22be).
It used to be supported, but became unsupported when we updated BrcmPatchRAM to latest Win8/Win10 firmware set.
You could still modify BrcmPatchRAM to fit your hardware (old versions of BrcmPatchRAM have the firmware, so the new version could be modified for it), or you could get a different BCM94352HMB.
So if I am unable to update the BrcmPatchRAM, you say "or you could get a different BCM94352HMB", how can you tell the difference between the BCM94352HMB versions?
What are my other 5G WIFI, BT options for 10.12.3 please?

So if I am unable to update the BrcmPatchRAM, you say "or you could get a different BCM94352HMB", how can you tell the difference between the BCM94352HMB versions?

Once you install the card, you can tell which BT controller it has by looking at the vendor/device-id of the BT controller in ioreg or in System Information->USB.

What are my other 5G WIFI, BT options for 10.12.3 please?

Read post #1.

What do you mean by the two "it" in "it won't see it automatically"?

OK, the first IT is the laptop (ProBook 4540s) boot up sequence (it defaults to Option 1 OS Boot Manager) and it won't see IT being the Clover EFI file to get into Clover.

I have to go into F9 Boot Options and choose the one under OS Boot Manager, Boot from an EFI file.

OK, the first IT is the laptop (ProBook 4540s) boot up sequence (it defaults to Option 1 OS Boot Manager) and it won't see IT being the Clover EFI file to get into Clover.

I have to go into F9 Boot Options and choose the one under OS Boot Manager, Boot from an EFI file.

I assume you have Windows installed and BIOS is booting into the Windows boot manager instead of Clover...

Read post #2 of the main Clover guide regarding UEFI entries using efibootmgr.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I assume you have Windows installed and BIOS is booting into the Windows boot manager instead of Clover...

Read post #2 of the main Clover guide regarding UEFI entries using efibootmgr.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No I don't have Windows installed. Formatted the drive when I installed via Clover on USB. I'll check the post you linked to though. Thanks.

EDIT: Just checked and it seems that info only works by editing the refi info within Windows which I don't have. I am considering upgrading to Sierra soon anyway, so maybe it will be fixed if I do that anyway.

No I don't have Windows installed. Formatted the drive when I installed via Clover on USB. I'll check the post you linked to though. Thanks.

Then it likely means you didn't install Clover. Or have not set BIOS settings correct for UEFI...

EDIT: Just checked and it seems that info only works by editing the refi info within Windows

No. Setting an UEFI entry for Clover is done in Linux.

Hello,
i have reade the guide... but where is this post :

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2).

Note: For certain Ivy Bridge CPUs (if you find your pstates stuck at x8), you may need to use the "-w 3" flag:
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3

Can you please explain the part 'if you find your pstates stuck at x8'?

Can you please explain the part 'if you find your pstates stuck at x8'?

You can check pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext.
You would also know if you were stuck at x8 by poor performance, poor CPU benchmark scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back