Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Can I install 10.12.3 with whis guide directly or I should install hotpatch and then update to 10.12.3 from it or any alternative way to install 10.12.3? I'm currently on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE.
And how can I update BIOS from MacOS? There are only Windows and Linux installers on hp.com

Hello and thanks for the guide, i installed sierra to Elitebook 8560p.
But i have only one strange behaviour, when i open AppStore or Safari and try to move the window, then the complete osx freeze, i can see moving mouse but nothing clickable anymore. I have to hold power button to shutdown the laptop.
I dont know if this is a sierra bug or did i missed installing something.

Hello.
Can I install 10.12.3 with whis guide directly or I should install hotpatch and then update to 10.12.3 from it or any alternative way to install 10.12.3? I'm currently on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE.

This guide works to install 10.12.3 directly.
You should transition to hotpatch prior to the udate.

And how can I update BIOS from MacOS? There are only Windows and Linux installers on hp.com

You need to do it from Windows or create a USB from Windows.

Hello and thanks for the guide, i installed sierra to Elitebook 8560p.
But i have only one strange behaviour, when i open AppStore or Safari and try to move the window, then the complete osx freeze, i can see moving mouse but nothing clickable anymore. I have to hold power button to shutdown the laptop.
I dont know if this is a sierra bug or did i missed installing something.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Do not forget to fill out your profile as requested in the guide prior to replying.

I have tried the hotpatch method as the post #1 explained.
Should I use the Display Port to VGA converter then?

VGA not supported. Must use DP (or HDMI). If your monitor is VGA only, then of course, converter required.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Do not forget to fill out your profile as requested in the guide prior to replying.
Thank you for response I attached all needed files, hope you will find the source why my EliteBook hangs up when moving window from AppStore or Safari

Attachments

• Sierra_EliteBook_8560p.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
Hello!
ask for help, bluetooth stops working, I put the updated drivers from the repository, an error:

v-shaldybin:probook.git vladimir$ ./install_downloads.sh
This script requires superuser access...
Installing tools...
installing RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117/MaciASL.app to /Applications
Password:
installing RehabMan-patchmatic-2016-0312/patchmatic to /usr/bin
installing iasl/iasl to /usr/bin
Installing kexts...
installing RehabMan-Atheros-2015-0624/Release/IOath3kfrmwr.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Battery-2016-1118/Release/ACPIBatteryManager.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-CodecCommander-2016-0721/Release/CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0117/FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0117/HWMonitor.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-IntelBacklight-2017-0206/Release/IntelBacklight.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-IntelMausiEthernet-v2-2016-0419/Release/IntelMausiEthernet.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Poller-2015-1230/Release/ACPIPoller.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230/Release/RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2017-0112/Release/USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing HSSDBlockStorage.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing JMB38X.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing JMicronATA.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing ProBookAtheros.kext to /Library/Extensions
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ProBookAtheros.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext JMB38X.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext IOBluetoothSerialManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: IOWorkQueue::withCapacity(OSObject*, unsigned int, IOWorkQueueOperationMode, bool, char*)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHSBluetoothDriver; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDMouse; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Installing VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin and /Library/LaunchDaemons...
Installing HPFanReset.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
v-shaldybin:probook.git vladimir$

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back