Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use only the install_acpi.sh script parameter appropriate for your hardware.
Sorry, not clear. Do you mean a matching model number script? Or should I manually copy the matching SSDT files?

Sorry, not clear. Do you mean a matching model number script? Or should I manually copy the matching SSDT files?

Matching your hardware.
For the hardware in your profile, ./install_acpi.sh install_2x60

I would have never thought it could be BIOS options causing that problem...
But it does demonstrate why the guide should be followed to the letter.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext + plugging your usb3 devices in prior to booting may be of some help.
nah... GenericUSBXHCI.kext doesn't do much plugging usb2 to this port. I don't have any usb3 capable devices around here and the power portion of the ports works fine but the data seems not to work..

Must be plugged in prior to booting.
yes I did that. I for example inserted a bootable usb stick, it is shown in clover but thereafter it doesn't show anything..

yes I did that. I for example inserted a bootable usb stick, it is shown in clover but thereafter it doesn't show anything..

It is a USB3 device? You installed the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext correctly?
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" if you need analysis...

It is a USB3 device? You installed the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext correctly?
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" if you need analysis...
can't the USB ports work just as a simple usb2 port?? as of right now I don't have any usb3 device to test more thoroughly..

can't the USB ports work just as a simple usb2 port?? as of right now I don't have any usb3 device to test more thoroughly..

I think most people testing the NEC/Renasas ports with GenericUSBXHCI.kext are probably testing with USB3 devices, as there are other ports that are USB2 only (Intel) that work natively. I don't have a laptop with NEC/Renasas (my 4530s does not have USB3 at all). So, for all I know there are problems with USB2 devices with that kext. The kext has essentially been abandoned since computers which might use it (computers without Intel USB3) are old and therefore not that interesting to the developers.

Earlier versions of OS X (10.10.x, 10.9.x, 10.8.x, and 10.7.5) have some patches available for the native USB3 kexts that work quite well (avoiding GenericUSBXHCI.kext), but the same patches were never created for the new USB stack introduced in 10.11, probably due to the same lack of interest with old/obsolete hardware.

Matching your hardware.
For the hardware in your profile, ./install_acpi.sh install_2x60
Everything works. Audio worked after running .install_downloads again.

Thanks.

How to make Output Display works in 8460p?
This laptop doesn't have any HDMI Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back