Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) BD drive
with the default kexts installed new drive will be recognized?

I cannot predict the future, but a SATA device is just a SATA device...
I have no knowledge of BD support in macOS/OS X. I recall Steve Jobs referring to blu-ray as "big bag of hurt", so I don't think Apple was a fan.

2) new wifi card
i have to relaunch probook installer from terminal to make available wifi card?

My guide does not use the ProBook Installer.

I cannot predict the future, but a SATA device is just a SATA device...
I have no knowledge of BD support in macOS/OS X. I recall Steve Jobs referring to blu-ray as "big bag of hurt", so I don't think Apple was a fan.

My guide does not use the ProBook Installer.

Sorry , i explain myself in a bad way.
i want to know if drive will be recognised , with standard kext, at least as a DVD player.
BD player feature ca be useful if work under OS, instead i can use it under windows

Regarding installer i mean:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Thanks

Sorry , i explain myself in a bad way.
i want to know if drive will be recognised , with standard kext, at least as a DVD player.

I cannot predict the future. Try it and see if it works.

Regarding installer i mean:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Thanks

You would only need to do that if I updated one or more kexts/tools on my github/bitbucket site.

Hi RehabMan. Although you added the custom USB SSDT for the ZBook Studio G3 the laptop still reboots sometimes on shutdown. Any idea what this could be?

Also when using the AppleHDA patched by the installer the audio does not work after sleep. How should this be fixed?

(Because this is the TU Delft laptop of this study year a lot of students bought this laptop. With a fellow I created a small GitHub repo to add our notes: https://github.com/rkeulemans/ZBook_Studio)

VGA not supported. Use HDMI or DP (with "active" VGA adapter if needed).
The card reader in your laptop (based on your profile) works if you follow the guide.
6-series USB is not well supported, but if you install GenericUSBXHCI.kext it will work somewhat.
This guide supports 10.12.x, although you may run into issues.
Hi, thanks
Please have a look at my kext screen. Should I delete one of them to make the GenericUSBXHCI.kext working ?

Attachments

• Sans titre 2.jpeg
    Sans titre 2.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi RehabMan. Although you added the custom USB SSDT for the ZBook Studio G3 the laptop still reboots sometimes on shutdown. Any idea what this could be?

You will need to provide more information on the specific conditions when it happens.
Also "Problem Reporting" files.

Also when using the AppleHDA patched by the installer the audio does not work after sleep. How should this be fixed?

Read post #1, "Problem Reproitng".

Hi, thanks
Please have a look at my kext screen. Should I delete one of them to make the GenericUSBXHCI.kext working ?

I don't understand the purpose of the image.

Hi Rehabman. Going back to that USB Power issue on my desktop with Sierra. It doesn't seem to just affect my desktop my 4530s no longer seems to charge my iPad after upgrading to Sierra. Im guessing its OS related.

I don't understand the purpose of the image.
This is the folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others
The Generic doesn't work, I should maybe delete one of the kext in the kexts folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back