Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added support for your laptop. config_ZBook_G3_Skylake.plist, and install_acpi.sh install_ZBook_G3_skylake
Thank you! You probably forgot to add
Code:
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2146 -vw 2089 -vr -oe -p build/SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.dsl
at line 74 in make_acpi.sh.

Does anyone know how to enable USB 3 ports on 6 series (HP 8460p) ? And also how to enable card reader ?

Read the beginning of the thread, the solution is there. USB3.0 with 6-series laptops is hectic, card reader is not solved and won't be.

I have installed Sierra on my elite book 8460p and used the above method completely while booting from hard drive I could see the following notice (in attachment) in verbose mode . I have used plist editor to edit config.plist of 8x60p provided in probook.git .

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thank you! You probably forgot to add
Code:
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2146 -vw 2089 -vr -oe -p build/SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.aml hotpatch/SSDT-ZBook-G3-Skylake.dsl
at line 74 in make_acpi.sh.

Not the correct fix...
but added it to 'makefile', then updated make_acpi.sh with 'make force_update' (make_acpi.sh is computer generated).

card reader is not solved and won't be.

Incorrect. Card reader works in the 6-series and 7-series laptops (with JMicron card reader).

Incorrect. Card reader works in the 6-series and 7-series laptops (with JMicron card reader).

Which ones don't? So next time I should still choose a laptop equipped with JMicron and Synaptics?

Which ones don't? So next time I should still choose a laptop equipped with JMicron and Synaptics?

Any ProBook/EliteBook laptop with JMicron card reader will work if you follow the instructions in post #1.
Not all laptops covered by this guide have JMicron card readers.
The laptop in your signature has JMicron (and a Synaptics trackpad), therefore it works...

Any ProBook/EliteBook laptop with JMicron card reader will work if you follow the instructions in post #1.
Not all laptops covered by this guide have JMicron card readers.
The laptop in your signature has JMicron (and a Synaptics trackpad), therefore it works...

My bad, thanks (I don't know when was the last time I used an SD card.). Could you please write this info into post #1? Maybe it will help others to choose the right laptop.

Last edited:
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
OK now I have attached the file EFI/Clover I am also attaching nvram.plist file which came automatically ! into my EFI/nvram.plist .
And how can I see the present wifi card because its not working and am willing to change it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • nvram.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back