Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No easy answer. Use one that works.

I see a new BIOS - E62 and already updated.
My current clover is 3526
For now everything work smooth
Thanks

Last edited:
the install_downloads.sh script is locking when running kextcache now and I can't find any info as to what causes kextcache to wait for a lock.

running install_download.sh with -x option shows the following output
+ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
+ sudo kextcache -u /
/ locked; waiting for lock.

Really newb question... HP Probook 4530s.... is it compatible with 10.12.1 current with 10.10.5.. Please let me know thank you.

Really newb question... HP Probook 4530s.... is it compatible with 10.12.1 current with 10.10.5.. Please let me know thank you.

Yes. 10.12.1 is supported. Just run the app like a official mac. Will need to run need to update the fork by running.

Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

Thanks for your pacient. But after `git pull' and `build' the config, when I using diff tool, I won't see an extra patch.
Could you please point it out (ie. the comment in the plist)? What's that patch if I really don't applied.

I don't know what you mean by "extra patch". What exactly are you looking for?

the install_downloads.sh script is locking when running kextcache now and I can't find any info as to what causes kextcache to wait for a lock.

running install_download.sh with -x option shows the following output
+ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
+ sudo kextcache -u /
/ locked; waiting for lock.

It is normal.
It happens if the system is fast enough to respond to the touch with an automatic cache rebuild before the kextcache -u executes.

If you want to see if kextcache is clean:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Overview

If your model does not have an install script it is because the model is not directly supported. See "Unsupported laptops" later in this guide.

Unsupported laptops

If you think your laptop might be similar to the ones listed as supported, but needs only small tweaks, please provide the following information:

- native DSDT/SSDT files extracted via Clover F4 (ACPI/origin)
- audio codec dump from Linux
- full hardware details (CPU, chipset, graphics device, screen resolution, etc)
- output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal

Hello, I have a HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3. It seems to share quite a bit of hardware with other models and should only need some tweaks. I've attached the requested files.

Currently I have most everything working with the exception of sound and the battery indicator (displays an X plugged in or not). I'm using USB wifi as I am waiting for a broadcom 802.11ac mPCI card to come in.

Attachments

• EliteBook_810_G3.zip
    73.2 KB · Views: 83
Hi
I need recommendation for Clover version.
Thanks

The latest Clover (2.3k_3961r) worked flawlessly with my i3-3120M 4340s, just followed the tutorial word by word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back