Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see it's Renesas? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

All 4x30s with USB3 are using a USB3 controller from NEC/Renesas. It is not well supported. If you need reliable USB3, your laptop choice is not a good one.

What's the process, should i uninstall AppleUSBXCHI.kext first or can that still be used for usb2 and the generic one just for the usb3?

Just install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

You can just ignore the error from ssdtPRgen.sh.
Now that there are new Skylake SMBIOS, you might try them...
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Thank you for your reply.... but I don't understand it? What does that mean that there are new ones? Does the error/irrelevance of the error account for the malfunctions of battery percentage and audio? If so, are we still talking El Capitan or does this tip only go for Sierra? TIA

Thank you for your reply.... but I don't understand it? What does that mean that there are new ones?

New Macs recently available with Skylake hardware.

Does the error/irrelevance of the error account for the malfunctions of battery percentage and audio?

No. Your mistake/failure to follow the guide. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

If so, are we still talking El Capitan or does this tip only go for Sierra? TIA

Newer SMBIOS probably not supported in 10.11.x, as those new Macs come with 10.12.x.
You will know the moment you try (system will be unbootable with unsupported board-id).

All 4x30s with USB3 are using a USB3 controller from NEC/Renesas. It is not well supported. If you need reliable USB3, your laptop choice is not a good one.

Just install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Ok, thanks. I actually was just now able to find out that it's specifically Nec/Renesas uPD720200a. There seems to be a Sonnet USB 3 ExpressCard that uses uPD720200 and the driver for that is El Capitan compatible and seems to work for some on El Capitan after flashing the chip with Sonnet id's using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...iginal-mac-drivers-caldigit-lacie-oyen.77864/

Any thoughts on that? Should it work straight after flashing new id's an installing the driver?

Ok, thanks. I actually was just now able to find out that it's specifically Nec/Renesas uPD720200a. There seems to be a Sonnet USB 3 ExpressCard that uses uPD720200 and the driver for that is El Capitan compatible and seems to work for some on El Capitan after flashing the chip with Sonnet id's using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...iginal-mac-drivers-caldigit-lacie-oyen.77864/

Any thoughts on that? Should it work straight after flashing new id's an installing the driver?

No experience with it. My 4530s does not have USB3. My Intel DH67GD desktop has NEC/Renasas, but I just disabled the onboard Renasas controller and installed a supported (FL1100) USB PCIe card.

Your decision.... Use at your own risk.

New Macs recently available with Skylake hardware.

No. Your mistake/failure to follow the guide. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Newer SMBIOS probably not supported in 10.11.x, as those new Macs come with 10.12.x.
You will know the moment you try (system will be unbootable with unsupported board-id).

I really apologise not having followed close enough. I'm really doing my best - also keeping confidential (potentially?) data confidential. That was the reason for passwording the archive - but here we go:
the password is (without the inverted commas) "TIA_rehabman4ever"

update: this time trying macOS Sierra I encounter artefacts in the upper left corner. In addition to that, I get this hp error message after reboots/shutdowns:

Attachments

• 4rehabmanwithatonofthanks_pw.zip
    4 MB · Views: 77
  • post macos install-on reboots.jpg
    post macos install-on reboots.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I really apologise not having followed close enough. I'm really doing my best - also keeping confidential (potentially?) data confidential. That was the reason for passwording the archive - but here we go:
the password is (without the inverted commas) "TIA_rehabman4ever"

Your config.plist is wrong. Please read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Your config.plist is wrong. Please read post #1, "Final config.plist".
I did actually use the same from the same repository but made one "mistake" intentionally. Using the right SMBios (I did that to the config.plist before you told me that the SMBIOS/board-id error would be irrelevant from now on) according to this:
https://tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/
is impossible for me without clover config. How can possible "shake" the right combos for my board without clover configurator? Using the plist editor used to be one of my choices. But where exactly is the difference between the initial and final copy of the "final config.plist"? And why does the battery and sound show up properly on the G2 and not the G3? Where precisely to I have to differ between the two? Sorry for bothering you again with my incompetence. :(

I did actually use the same from the same repository but made one "mistake" intentionally. Using the right SMBios (I did that to the config.plist before you told me that the SMBIOS/board-id error would be irrelevant from now on) according to this:
https://tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/
is impossible for me without clover config. How can possible "shake" the right combos for my board without clover configurator? Using the plist editor used to be one of my choices. But where exactly is the difference between the initial and final copy of the "final config.plist"? And why does the battery and sound show up properly on the G2 and not the G3? Where precisely to I have to differ between the two? Sorry for bothering you again with my incompetence. :(

You should not use Clover Configurator on your config.plist.
And your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

@RehabMan

is there a possibility to find out which kexts/patch aint be used? is there a tool or something? woudn't this possibly speed up boot up time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back