Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan.

I have a little issue with my Hp Probook 440 G1, all the installation is correct just for one thing:

1. When I turn on my laptop, the laptop boot to clover boot screen but when I restart the laptop it skip the clover boot screen.

I hope you can help me, also I attach all the necessary files.

What do you mean by "it skip the clover boot screen"?

Accidental post trying to reply to an earlier post. Mod please delete..

Last edited:

I mean, when I turn on my laptop the clover boot screen appears, but when I restart my laptop the clover boot screen doesn't appear and boot Mac automatic.

I hope you can understand me.

I mean, when I turn on my laptop the clover boot screen appears, but when I restart my laptop the clover boot screen doesn't appear and boot Mac automatic.

I hope you can understand me.

Make sure CSM/legacy boot is enabled in BIOS. Make sure "fast boot" is disabled.

New version of Clover no longer has the boot without caches option. It's completely removed.

Your ioreg shows trackpad is ALPS. This guide installs PS2 kexts for Synaptics. You will need to seek out an ALPS driver (try building from bpedman_merge at my github).

As for USB, read post #1, "USB customization".

I can't figure out why my Alps touchpad isn't giving out a correct ID ?
AppleUSBMultitouchDriver::identify: not an ALPS device. Invalid E6 report

It should produce E7=73 03 0a, EC=88 b3 18" something along those lines.

Which is supported by another beta branch of rehab merg voodooPs2controller .kext

On a side note : My keyboard doesn't work with their version of VoodooPs2 ? Or any regular version of voodooPs2 except the last 2 ? Is that because my Elitebook has an id of HP Pro-87?

Thanks..

I'm currently using EMlyDinEsH 4.5 ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext which has an enhanced mouse functions that work but not full multitouch.

It's a shame I can't get the touchpad fully working. The Hp Elitebook 810 revolve G2 is the best deal out there for a small form factor Hackintosh, 10 in screen, i7 4thGen with up to 12gb ram 128gb ssd. I got this one used off Ebay for amazing deal of 180.00/ normal $280-$350-$400 range. Solidly built, quality laptop. Everything works except full touchpad. :(

Boom2 and a Broadcom wifi card is a must as well.

New version of Clover no longer has the boot without caches option. It's completely removed.

Use older version of Clover or find a different way.

I can't figure out why my Alps touchpad isn't giving out a correct ID ?
AppleUSBMultitouchDriver::identify: not an ALPS device. Invalid E6 report

It should produce E7=73 03 0a, EC=88 b3 18" something along those lines.

Which is supported by another beta branch of rehab merg voodooPs2controller .kext

On a side note : My keyboard doesn't work with their version of VoodooPs2 ? Or any regular version of voodooPs2 except the last 2 ? Is that because my Elitebook has an id of HP Pro-87?

Thanks..

I'm currently using EMlyDinEsH 4.5 ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext which has an enhanced mouse functions that work but not full multitouch.

It's a shame I can't get the touchpad fully working. The Hp Elitebook 810 revolve G2 is the best deal out there for a small form factor Hackintosh, 10 in screen, i7 4thGen with up to 12gb ram 128gb ssd. I got this one used off Ebay for amazing deal of 180.00/ normal $280-$350-$400 range. Solidly built, quality laptop. Everything works except full touchpad. :(

Boom2 and a Broadcom wifi card is a must as well.

I'm not going to address ALPS specific problems here.

I'm not going to address ALPS specific problems here.

Maybe I should have been more specific my Elitebook 810 G2 is having problems giving the correct touchpad ID.

The reason i'm asking here is because [Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook install I used. I thought maybe it was related ? ACPI/ SSDT might be the issue or possible Hp pro-87 issue ?

I don't know ? No offense I honestly thought it was important to post it where other users who encounter it would see it ? I will gladly move it ? This isn't my first attempt to try and reconcile this issue at other places that discuss ALPs no one seems to know? So I came back to the only person who I know is a master of such problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back