Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, thank you! Just edited it and its now booting. Starting fresh again as something went wrong on the Post install and when it rebooted I lost they keyboard and mouse >.<

You will need to be more specific about "something went wrong". Perhaps you forgot to place the required kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Hi, thanks for the wonderful guide.

HP elite book 8460p
I5 sandy bridge.

I am having trouble changing the resolution of my elite book to 1366 x 768 and my windows partition is not showing up in clover menu.
Everything else seems to be running well. Thank you!!

Windows is not installed UEFI.
8460p with Radeon only is not supported by this guide.

Hi @RehabMan,

Onboard VGA and DP (DP-HDMI adapter) ports worked fine when un-dock. I'm testing the DP and VGA ports on my docking station:
- External monitor: DELL U2312HM, 1920x1080 native
- Docking VGA port worked, but wrong resolution, max resolution I got was 1280x1024. Onboard VGA is disabled.
- Docking DP ports, recognized the external monitor has been plugged but no signal. Onboard DP is disabled.

I've attached "Problem Report" file here, hope you can help me figure out what to do next.
Seems like you're very busy these days, I'm sorry for any annoying :(.
Thank you so much.

VGA is not supported. Use an HDMI or DP adapter.

VGA is not supported. Use an HDMI or DP adapter.

Yes, I remember that you said VGA not support by any Mac before.
As I mentioned VGA worked fine onboard, but gave wrong resolution on the docking.
DP worked fine onboard, but no signal on the docking.

Thank you :)

P/S: I searched around and found out that @duduclx has made many attempts but the docking DP still not work :)

Last edited:
What is a valid way to determine that DVMT is correctly set to?

Most likely it is 32mb as that is the typical default. You can check with setup_var in the special UEFI shell after doing IFR extract from BIOS.

AFAIK, the HP laptops covered by this guide have the setting directly in BIOS.

Sorry to bother you guys but I need an advice.
I'm trying to load Sierra on my Elitebook Folio 1040G1
I modified BIOS as suggested. Created two partitions for Clover and OS install.
Copied needed files to Clover partition. Starting for USB. All good. After i hit enter on Install from MAC OS Sierra the screen just go black and nothing happen. Please advice, really want to load OS on this laptop.

Highly appreciate the help!

Regards,

Vitalii

Hey everyone, i'm a totally noob here.
followed this guide, and sucessfully installed mac os sierra on my HP PROBOOK 440 G3 with following setup:

i7-6500U
16 GB Ram
500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

almost everything works pretty sweet after short testing.
if anyone stuck at installation, be sure you set the graphic memory to 64MB or above, otherwhise you will get an kernel panic while trying to boot.

I've got 2 problems, the most important, my wifi don't work, so i figured out there will be 3 different wifi cards that will working:
i figured out, probook 440 g3 have NGFF/M.2 WiFi slot !

BCM94352Z or BCM94350ZAE (? not tested) or BCM943602BAED (? not tested)

is there any recommendation which one will work best?

also, my audio works, but when i want to listen via audio jack, there's no sound. any ideas?

thank you very very much in advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back