Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that I didn't understand yours it in previous post. This is the first time I try to mess with DSL file, it took me while to fool around.
I was able to make my docking ports work (on 3.0 speed, perhaps). But onboard ports still cap at like 40MB/s.

Here's my file, I have no idea how could I make it :|. Please correct me if I did anything terrible.

Thank you :)

P/S: After fooling for awhile, I guess that HS02 and HS03 somehow should link to SSP3 to work at 3.0 speed? Am I right? But I have no idea how to make it work :|

P/S #2: Figured out that onboard ports can not recognize the 3.0 device, so it runs on HS02/HS03, which are 2.0 ports.

Typically there is a one-to-one correspond between HS01/SSP1, HS02/SSP2, HS03/SSP3, HS04/SSP4.
USB connectors (including the HS component) should be UsbConnector=3.
255 is only for internal connectors (typically HSxx).

USB customization request...
Attached is my ioreg file... I booted with the kernel flags specified...
I used a USB3 key, and a USB/USB2 key.
Hardware is as in my laptop#1.

Attachments

• zbook15g2-haswell.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 103
No Wifi at all after upgrading to 10.12.1
BCM943225HMB .
Probably SMBIOS whitelist issue. When I have time, I'll update the patch. In the meantime, you could implement the more traditional patch.

Keep in mind this guide is for 10.11... 10.12 not recommended.

Rehabman I tried multiple "Traditional patches" that didn't work , could you mention something specific ?

Typically there is a one-to-one correspond between HS01/SSP1, HS02/SSP2, HS03/SSP3, HS04/SSP4.
USB connectors (including the HS component) should be UsbConnector=3.
255 is only for internal connectors (typically HSxx).

I tried with UsbConnector=3, as this file. But it still stuck in HS02 and HS03 :(
Do you have any suggestion?

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-820-G2.dsl.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for the wonderful guide RehabMan. You're time is greatly appreciated. I followed both the USB and the installation guide and everything went fine. I have a Probook 4540s 7-series with Intel HD 3000. The only problem is audio. I pressed SPACE when clover wants to boot but there is no "boot without Cache". It looks like they removed it, so I tried to rebuild the cache with Kexhelper but the same issue, still no audio. Other than that, everything seems to work so far.

USB customization request...
Attached is my ioreg file... I booted with the kernel flags specified...
I used a USB3 key, and a USB/USB2 key.
Hardware is as in my laptop#1.

Recapture with SSDT-USB-ZBook-G1.aml (and -uia_ignore_rmcf).

I tried with UsbConnector=3, as this file. But it still stuck in HS02 and HS03 :(
Do you have any suggestion?

No idea what you mean by "still stuck in HS02 and HS03".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Thank you for the wonderful guide RehabMan. You're time is greatly appreciated. I followed both the USB and the installation guide and everything went fine. I have a Probook 4540s 7-series with Intel HD 3000. The only problem is audio. I pressed SPACE when clover wants to boot but there is no "boot without Cache". It looks like they removed it, so I tried to rebuild the cache with Kexhelper but the same issue, still no audio. Other than that, everything seems to work so far.

Use a version of Clover that has it.

Use a version of Clover that has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back