Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to make a custom USB dsl to get USB3 working--the SSDT-USB-8x0-G3.dsl was not a match from what I could see in IORegistryExplorer. Would you like to have it for your distro?

Read post #1, "USB Customization" (I need to see ioreg properly created). And you can attach your changed SSDT.

First of all, I want to say thanks, Rehabman. My HP ProBook 450 G3 has been running stably and I am elated.

I couldn't figure out which card exactly I need to enable native AirPort. From the guide, I gathered it could be the Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB but I didn't see anything that said 4x0 or anything like that. It has a Skylake processor. Could someone help me out?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.44.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.44.30 PM.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 103
First of all, I want to say thanks, Rehabman. My HP ProBook 450 G3 has been running stably and I am elated.

I couldn't figure out which card exactly I need to enable native AirPort. From the guide, I gathered it could be the Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB but I didn't see anything that said 4x0 or anything like that. It has a Skylake processor. Could someone help me out?

Thanks.

No whitelist in the G3, so any OS X/macOS compatible WiFi card will work. Your card is probably NGFF, not half-mini PCIe (HMB cards are half-mini PCIe).

Thanks for the speedy reply.

So, this will be acceptable, right?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JGFA50U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, or BCM943602BAED. And you might want to check how many antenna leads you already have. If you have only one, you'll be adding another (total=2) for the BCM94352Z, so it is not much more work to add two (total=3) for the BCM943602BAED.

The BCM943602BAED is "more native" and probably has better performance.

Yes, or BCM943602BAED. And you might want to check how many antenna leads you already have. If you have only one, you'll be adding another (total=2) for the BCM94352Z, so it is not much more work to add two (total=3) for the BCM943602BAED.

The BCM943602BAED is "more native" and probably has better performance.

Extremely helpful as always, my man! Be well.

A new option might also work well: BCM943602BAED (aka Dell DW1830).

Thank you so much for this tip. After weeks of waiting for it to ship from the US to the EU I finally have it now. The BCM943602BAED is working correctly, both bluetooth and wi-fi!

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Mine is HP ProBook 4530s. I am having issue no VGA output. I don't use HDMI port. Please suggest.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Mine is HP ProBook 4530s. I am having issue no VGA output. I don't use HDMI port. Please suggest.

VGA not supported. Use an active HDMI->VGA adapter.

What's issue with USB3? What will happened if I still use USB3?

The recommendation is for USB2 because in the case of a run-in with the 15-port limit, USB3 is compromised, but USB2 usually works. You can use a USB3 stick if you find it works in a USB3 port (eg. no port limit issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back