Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan I don't know what that means to wait for the assertions to clear but I think I know where is my problem. Reading your post I my clover version is 3726. Is there any chance this to be my problem with sleep?

RehabMan I don't know what that means to wait for the assertions to clear

Keep running "pmset -g assertions" until they are clear. Be patient.

but I think I know where is my problem. Reading your post I my clover version is 3726. Is there any chance this to be my problem with sleep?

The recommended version of Clover is v3625. I cannot predict as to whether that is the cause of your problem or whether you even have a problem. Your problem may be impatience (see above).

Keep running "pmset -g assertions" until they are clear. Be patient.

I don't think so because on my 4540s my sleep is working perfect. Here the screen goes black but the machine won't sleep. When i close the lid same thing i left it for 20 min early on. Any ideas if I can downgrade the clover version without doing the whole thing again?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so because on my 4540s my sleep is working perfect. Here the screen goes black but the machine won't sleep. When i close the lid same thing i left it for 20 min early on. Any ideas if I can downgrade the clover version without doing the whole thing again?

Did you verify that all assertions were clear before testing sleep?
Downgrading Clover is simply a matter of running the Clover installer that contains v3625.

Did you verify that all assertions were clear before testing sleep?
Downgrading Clover is simply a matter of running the Clover installer that contains v3625.
Exactly my point 20 min and they were still there. I will do the clover tomorrow first thing when I go back home.
Thanks for your help

Exactly my point 20 min and they were still there. I will do the clover tomorrow first thing when I go back home.
Thanks for your help

Which task(s) is(are) hung up in the assertions?

Which task(s) is(are) hung up in the assertions?

I will let you know tomorrow when I go back home first thing. But one of them is my mouse logitech 520 and I have one more but I can't remember now.

From where did you download OS X?

Provide output in Terminal:
Code:
# a simple command executed with sudo...
sudo ls /Users
# does sudo exist?
which sudo
Originally from app store. I have used migration assistant in the past and they make you change the name.

Attachments

• Users.txt
    174 bytes · Views: 90
I will let you know tomorrow when I go back home first thing. But one of them is my mouse logitech 520 and I have one more but I can't remember now.

If you think a specific USB device is causing a problem, remove it.

Originally from app store. I have used migration assistant in the past and they make you change the name.

The problem is likely that your user directory has a space in it... "Miketucker 1". Not a good idea.

I don't see where in my script that it has an issue with spaces in the user directory... You might find more clues if you enable the debug traces in install_downloads.sh. Uncomment the line that is "#set -x" (change to "set -x")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back