Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some more testing, found I have to add this to your CodecCommander in the Realtek ALC269VB section to get the audio to survive a sleep-wake cycle:
<key>Update Nodes</key><true/>

This guide has no support for any laptops with ALC269. Are you certain your laptop has ALC269?

Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting"...

For info I set in Start up Disk my boot disk without result ( No timeout on boot clover )
With command line i set :
sudo bless -mount /Volumes/“MyDiskBoot” -setBoot ( No timeout on boot clover )

I have add in ./EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>"MYBOOTDISKLABEL"</string>

Replace "MYBOOTDISKLABEL" with your boot disk name
the timeout now running

Have nice day :)

The default setup is for setting the startup volume with SysPrefs, but as you discover, you can hardcode it in config.plist.

Hello
Everything works fine with my laptop so far. Just one question for some reason i can't put the pc to sleep. Closing the lid does not do anything even if i press sleep from the menu just comes back on. Same thing with shutdown. The only option is for me to hold the power button. Any ideas how to fix it.
Thank you

Perhaps you neglected to disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB" in BIOS.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

hello RehabMan!

how can i activate the express card slot in 8x60p setup?
I've got a Gmyle 2 slot usb 3 express card for my 2560p and need the activated slot.
Can You give an advice?

hello RehabMan!

how can i activate the express card slot in 8x60p setup?
I've got a Gmyle 2 slot usb 3 express card for my 2560p and need the activated slot.
Can You give an advice?

No idea. OS X doesn't support PCIe hotplug. And, of course, you would need drivers for whatever device you have plugged in anyway. The support in 10.11 for USB3 controllers is very limited (pretty much Intel + certain Fresco Logic).

No idea. OS X doesn't support PCIe hotplug. And, of course, you would need drivers for whatever device you have plugged in anyway. The support in 10.11 for USB3 controllers is very limited (pretty much Intel + certain Fresco Logic).

I've read many comments on Amazon for example regarding this Gmyle usb3 card.
All of the users disabled SIP in El Capitan and used the Calldigit usb 3 drivers for this card and they reported successful install and working usb 3 ports.

When I boot with USB for first time after install El Capitan I see the express card in status bar.
But when I made the post install process /hotpatch/ and boot from HDD it disappear.
I think there is something in the config.plist /6x60, 8x60/ which disables the express card slot.

I've read many comments on Amazon for example regarding this Gmyle usb3 card.
All of the users disabled SIP in El Capitan and used the Calldigit usb 3 drivers for this card and they reported successful install and working usb 3 ports.

When I boot with USB for first time after install El Capitan I see the express card in status bar.
But when I made the post install process /hotpatch/ and boot from HDD it disappear.
I think there is something in the config.plist /6x60, 8x60/ which disables the express card slot.

Is express card enabled by default in these configs?
Should it be visible under pci devices if everything is normal?

Is express card enabled by default in these configs?
Should it be visible under pci devices if everything is normal?

You should be able to find the device in ioreg. Second request: Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

This guide has no support for any laptops with ALC269. Are you certain your laptop has ALC269?

Please read post #1, "Problem Reporting"...
Ugh, I think I mixed something up. Restored your bundled CodecCommander and things still work fine. I must not have been rebuilding my kextcache properly or something. Sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back