Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the guide are supported wifi card:

WIFI+BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)

i have taken this card from an old notebook HP but it is AR5B95....it appears similar to AR5B195....let me know

Attachments

• IMG_20160712_160535.jpg
    IMG_20160712_160535.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
But there are still many issues and devices that won't work correctly. For that, we need to patch DSDT, provide a proper config.plist, and install the kexts that are required.

I'm not sure if you mean for us to go out away from this article and to add a DSDT which might help with some issues like this sleep issue, from this post-http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/? Or that this Hotpatch method uses no DSDT?

At that point in the guide you will have issues because its just a generic OS X install. The good stuff begins when you begin the Hotpatch process by typing "Git" in terminal. Note that the section is titled POST INSTALLATION. Post installation of the OS. The Hotpatch fixes the remaining issues as long as you continue the guide.

My Elitebook 850G2 runs like a clock based upon this guide! Read the entire guide carefully prior to undertaking the process and you will achieve success. Rehabman has done all the hard work already, just be patient and continue to read the guide as you move forward.

Hi RehabMan,
following your guide everything works fine on my 450 G2, except for audio. When i turn on the Pc, audio works randomly. Sometimes works, sometimes not, this is really frustrating. Do you have any idea or procedure to fix this issue? (and avoid a fresh install). Please find attached problem reporting files.

Thanks

Seems that other people with 450 G2 have the same problem, see post #2526 and #2527

What is APExtFramebuffer.kext?

Make sure you rebuild cache per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".

If AppleHDA.kext does not show in the kextcache output, it will not work (must rebuild cache soon after booting without caches).

Is sleep a known issue with this system--specifically recovering after sleep? When my HP Elitebook 840 G1 sleeps it is not possible to resume without force power cycling.

Conversely another HP 840 G1 I have setup using the Probook Installer does not exhibit this behavior.

I am attaching the problem files. Or if you know of other information I will appreciate it.

What happens when you attempt to resume from sleep by pressing the power button?

I wonder if it has something to do with the serial port you didn't disable.

Hey everyone.First of all I will give a huge thanks to RehabMan for this post and this guide basically.But I have a big problem with my hp probook 6460b.I installed el capitan 10.11.5 yesterday everything fine,because now i use the appropriate wifi card ,and I struggle on getting the sound working.I followed the guide very carefully,I re-installed el capitan 2 times and nothing happens.When I go to settings/sound it doesn't show any audio devices.So,everything is working perfect except sound.Help me please if you can?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi RehabMan. I'm having issues with HPFanReset booting into Windows 7 with Clover. The fan works fine when I just boot into Windows without Clover. Any ideas?

I am having problems with my USB3 devices. USB2 devices in my USB3 ports works fine. My laptop model is HP Probook 440 G1.
Under system information USB3 BUS shows as:

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCILPTH
PCI Device ID: 0x8c31
PCI Revision ID: 0x0004
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

I've attached the IOReg File as u said. And I transitoned from PBI-CE based install to this method.
Note: When I enable port limit patch in clover, USB3 ports recognize my USB3 devices.

I replaced the Intel wifi card in my 2560p to Broadcom 43224HMS. Downloaded and installed the fresh files from github and recompiled everything with 6x60p files and config. Right now everything works /audio, BT, wifi, sleep/wake/restart/.
With key87 some function keys are not working, I used key102.aml.
So 6x60p config is totally usable in 2560p. :headbang:
Thank You again Rehab!

Is the USB setup with SSDT-USB-6x60.aml ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back