Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. Obviously, disabling the graphics drivers is a completely different scenario than with enabled graphics drivers...

I'll keep trying.

Attached is my problem reporting file regarding the CPU fan issues reported in an earlier post. At the time of the problem reporting, I had the SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml file instead of the SSDT-FAN-READ.aml file, but as of the creation of the ioreg, and other files I was still booted with the READ aml file injected.

I have also attached a screenshot of the Fan speed topping off at 3700rpm during heavy usage (a game) which is 50% lower than the usual speed it is capable of producing.

I will update after I reboot and get a fan speed reading with SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml

Also attached is my boot.log from CLOVER showing that the HPFanReset.efi file is executing and reporting results.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 8.22.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 8.22.48 PM.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 81
  • bootlog.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 40
I'll keep trying.

IGPU-hires active, native camera not working. When I use iGlasses app, it works... CameraControl not.

So I guess I've found an adequate workaround. I wonder why using the HP Camera through iGlasses works, but not native.

iGlasses shows as a distinct camera in the "Camera" System Profile. Native camera freezes, select iGlasses and relaunch and all is fine. Now, if I reselect the native camera after launching with iGlasses... and quit iGlasses, it continues to work!

Last edited:
I think the problem is a bad upload to bitbucket. Try with new files (./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh).

thanks, this seems to have fixed the issue with FanReset. Fan works like normal when booting to windows.

I can confim that both 2x70p and 6x60 files are working on 2560p /at least in my config/.
Bluetoth works better in 6x60 config, because it works after sleep as normal 10/10 times and with 2x70p config it works randomly after sleep.
In my setup HP camera not show up, maybe I'm not lucky with this.
Or does any fix exist that I can try?
But power management maybe works better with 2x70 files as I see.
In both cases I use fan mod ssdt for fan controll and same config setup /drop oem, use systemio, generate p and c states/.
I checked with Intel Power Gadget and speedstep are working.
But the temps 3-4 degrees are higher with 6x60 setup at same freq.
Is there any way to UV the CPU within OS X?

Last edited:
The idea is that they are not working due to lack of custom SSDT for USB port configuration. In order to create a custom SSDT, one must create a custom SSDT, which requires one to determine the ports that are actually used.

The other case is when something is not working (your case)... to determine whether the custom SSDT (already created) is correct, you must go back through the process of determining the ports used. Which then requires the custom SSDT to be taken out of the picture (by removing the SSDT or using -uia_ignore_rmcf).

Your Black Berry is USB2 (as shown by ioreg). In addition to showing a custom SSDT in effect (eg. lack of -uia_ignore_rmcf), your ioreg shows you never plugged any USB3 devices.

The SSDT-USB*.aml can be kept in place as the -uia_ignore_rmcf causes it to be ignored.
Please find the IOREG in attachment.

-Enabled USB patch in config.plist
-Booted with flag -uia_ignore_rmcf
Code:
06.07.16 10:34:10,000 kernel[0]: USBInjectAll: -uia_ignore_rmcf specified, will ignore ACPI RMCF customizations
-Opened IOREG -> inserted USB2 & USB3 device on every port

Attachments

• mrt02.zip
    589.9 KB · Views: 71
No telling if it is a match without all data requested in post #1, "Unsupported laptops".

Hello RehabMan,

here the Files ProBook 650 G2 i5-6200U HD520

Attachments

• Unsupported Laptops.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 83
Attached is my problem reporting file regarding the CPU fan issues reported in an earlier post. At the time of the problem reporting, I had the SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml file instead of the SSDT-FAN-READ.aml file, but as of the creation of the ioreg, and other files I was still booted with the READ aml file injected.

I have also attached a screenshot of the Fan speed topping off at 3700rpm during heavy usage (a game) which is 50% lower than the usual speed it is capable of producing.

I will update after I reboot and get a fan speed reading with SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml

Also attached is my boot.log from CLOVER showing that the HPFanReset.efi file is executing and reporting results.

When using FAN-MOD, fan speed is based on CPU heatsink temperature as defined by FTA1/FTA2 tables.

Please find the IOREG in attachment.

-Enabled USB patch in config.plist
-Booted with flag -uia_ignore_rmcf
Code:
06.07.16 10:34:10,000 kernel[0]: USBInjectAll: -uia_ignore_rmcf specified, will ignore ACPI RMCF customizations
-Opened IOREG -> inserted USB2 & USB3 device on every port

Your laptop has no camera?

Hello RehabMan,

here the Files ProBook 650 G2 i5-6200U HD520

Wrong codec dump. Need the codec dump for onboard audio, not HDMI/DP audio.

Your laptop has no camera?
I disabled camera, card reader, simcard reader in bios. Probably they will not work and i don't need. Is that a problem and should i enable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back