Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks i edit my sign i have a 2560p with intel graphics (HD 3000) for try this installation. I also have 8470p but amd ...

The old topic clover UEFI with HP PBI is obsolete with last update osx ?

Ok thanks i edit my sign i have a 2560p with intel graphics (HD 3000) for try this installation.

OK.

The old topic clover UEFI with HP PBI is obsolete with last update osx ?

The author, nguyenmac, stopped working on it.

The audio seems to be working fine, but it has two problems:
1-volume too low
2-headphones when plugged in make strange noises

The audio seems to be working fine, but it has two problems:
1-volume too low

It is typical with patched AppleHDA. No known solution yet, although I've started looking into it (on my u430).

2-headphones when plugged in make strange noises

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". In addition, provide an audio codec dump from Linux.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". In addition, provide an audio codec dump from Linux.[/QUOTE]
How to do that?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". In addition, provide an audio codec dump from Linux.
How to do that?

I hope the instructions in post #1, "Problem Reporting" are clear enough to follow.

As far as a Linux codec dump, it is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide (see FAQ for links). For your machine you should find the codec dumps at /proc/asound/card#0/codec#0 and /proc/asound/card#2/codec#0. You can boot Linux from USB without installing.

I hope the instructions in post #1, "Problem Reporting" are clear enough to follow.

As far as a Linux codec dump, it is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide (see FAQ for links). For your machine you should find the codec dumps at /proc/asound/card#0/codec#0 and /proc/asound/card#2/codec#0. You can boot Linux from USB without installing.
Okay, also I found out that these voices are coming from the mic on the speakers, for example when I attach my headphones with built in mic, if I speak through the mic, my voice will come out of the laptop soeakers.

Okay, also I found out that these voices are coming from the mic on the speakers, for example when I attach my headphones with built in mic, if I speak through the mic, my voice will come out of the laptop soeakers.

So it only happens with a 4-conductor headset plugged into the combo jack... A normal headphone (3-conductor) is fine?

Please reply when you have all the data requested in post #1971.

So it only happens with a 4-conductor headset plugged into the combo jack... A normal headphone (3-conductor) is fine?

Please reply when you have all the data requested in post #1971.
No okaay I fixed, I just lowered the input gain to the minimum, but how can I get automatic switching when I connect headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back