Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, After UEFI dual booting with windows. The UEFI defaults to the Windows boot manager. Is there a way to default it to Clover as the boot setttings in the HP bios lack finer controls over boot order.

Elitebook 2570p. Bios firmware:f10?

Read guide post #2 regarding efibootmgr in Linux: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You can also set a custom entry directly in BIOS if your BIOS offers the option. You should check. Set to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

It doesn't download.

Make sure you have no copies of it on your system (not in trash, not in a connected backup, not on an external USB, not in /Applications, not in some other folder on your system, etc.). It will only download if it is certain it doesn't exist anywhere.

My laptop have a SmartCard reader builtin.
With the new configurations from your repository, the SC feature disappeared!

In attach is the ioreg with the SmartCard reader enabled.

Attachments

• hp9470m.ioreg.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 76
My laptop have a SmartCard reader builtin.
With the new configurations from your repository, the SC feature disappeared!

In attach is the ioreg with the SmartCard reader enabled.

I see no "SmartCard" reader in this ioreg. If it is connected to USB (just a guess), boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf and attach ioreg.

@RehabMan...
I've searched the site concerning the correct SMBIOS for Broadwell systems and came to my own conclusion that although About This Mac is reporting Mac Pro (Early 2008), my System is reporting as Macbook Air 7,2. I want MBA7,2 for correct operation. So really, the About This Mac is only a cosmetic report and can be left alone or changed to reflect the system profiler report for uniformity without any performance loss during use.

I have included my IOREG so you can take a peek just to confirm or dispute what I'm thinking. I'm researching now how to edit the About This Mac to sync with the system reporting.

Attachments

• Christopher’s MacBook Pro.zip
    383.4 KB · Views: 77
@RehabMan...
I've searched the site concerning the correct SMBIOS for Broadwell systems and came to my own conclusion that although About This Mac is reporting Mac Pro (Early 2008), my System is reporting as Macbook Air 7,2. I want MBA7,2 for correct operation. So really, the About This Mac is only a cosmetic report and can be left alone or changed to reflect the system profiler report for uniformity without any performance loss during use.

I have included my IOREG so you can take a peek just to confirm or dispute what I'm thinking. I'm researching now how to edit the About This Mac to sync with the system reporting.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back