Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry screenshot is a bit poor, can try again if necc. I'm just trying to boot from a newly created usb stick? I believe I have followed the guide, though obviously I'm being a plank somewhere. I assume what is on the hdd at the moment is irrelevent, though I have tried with a newly formatted disk and get the same result. Can I check my original question that formatting the USB stick using option 2 is OK for this system? Not sure what the mobo is, all I can see is Baseboard 161C from CPU-Z.

Screen shot is strangely cropped, not useful.
You should try the alternate DropTables as mentioned in the guide.
Make sure you're booting UEFI (I have my doubts due to legacy_boot.log in misc).

From where did you download OS X?

Make sure the USB is a USB2 stick, place in USB2 port (USB3 is not likely supported well with your hardware).

Both Drop Tables tried. OS X was d/l from App store yesterday. BIOS is in EFI mode, I boot F9 - "Boot From EFI file" - Select File System (USB 0,0) - then EFI\BOOT|\BOOTX64efi. I have a feeling this is wrong? But can't see another way?

Both Drop Tables tried. OS X was d/l from App store yesterday. BIOS is in EFI mode, I boot F9 - "Boot From EFI file" - Select File System (USB 0,0) - then EFI\BOOT|\BOOTX64efi. I have a feeling this is wrong? But can't see another way?

Change to alternate DropTables. Don't forget to change Generate/PStates, Generate/CStates as mentioned in the guide.

If you have an issue...

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Yes, I meant I'd tried both methods, i.e. each of the DropTables in turn and setting config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. Currently I have the more aggressive table enabled and DropOEM=True along with the PState, CState keys set to True. Current clover directory already in post 912 and the config.plist is attached here. Is there a way to stop the auto-restart clearing the screen?

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.9 KB · Views: 170
Yes, I meant I'd tried both methods, i.e. each of the DropTables in turn and setting config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. Currently I have the more aggressive table enabled and DropOEM=True along with the PState, CState keys set to True. Current clover directory already in post 912 and the config.plist is attached here. Is there a way to stop the auto-restart clearing the screen?

The config.plist in post #912 does not use the alternate DropTables.

If you have changed something, you will need to provide updated files.

Still need a readable photo. You can use video capture. Make sure your BIOS is current.

I posted the changed plist in post 917 rather than upload everything again?Is that one correct, if not I need to understand what I'm doing wrong

I posted the changed plist in post 917 rather than upload everything again?Is that one correct, if not I need to understand what I'm doing wrong

Read post #917.

VGA not supported. Use a HDMI->VGA adapter.

Strange. I had the impression I had the VGA port working at some point. Oh well, amazon here I go. :) Thanks RehabMan.

You can use whatever SMBIOS you like. The config.plist provided in the guide has the necessary SMBIOS whitelist WiFi patch.

If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, the 9470m is not directly supported at this time. I will add a config for it, if you provide the necessary files requested in "Unsupported laptops" and "USB customization"

To have a configuration for this laptop will be gorgeous!

The file hp9470m-usb.zip have the ioreg from USB customization.
The procedure followed was: boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf, open ioregexplorer, insert 1 USB3 flash at each of the available 3 USB port in sequence followed by 1 USB2 flash.

The linux_files.zip have the lsusb and audio coded dump, retrieved using a liveISO ubuntu 16.04.

The RehabMan.zip have the files already submitted in the original post from page 87.
The original DSDT/SSDT files are at CLOVER/ACPI/origin

Only remains the DP port. This laptop doesn't have HDMI.
Test the DP with a DP-HDMI adaptor + HDMI connection to monitor is sufficient? Also have an HDMI-VGA.
I also have one low-cost chinese DP-VGA adaptor but never worked (I will try booting with liveISO linux and test it)!

There are anything more to do?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Attachments

• hp9470m-usb.zip
    625.2 KB · Views: 73
  • linux_files.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Strange. I had the impression I had the VGA port working at some point. Oh well, amazon here I go. :) Thanks RehabMan.

HD4000 VGA never supported...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back