Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your config.plist is wrong. Contrary to the advice in post #1, it appears you edited it with Clover Configurator.

Read post #1, "Final config.plist". Follow the instructions carefully. Never edit your config.plist with Clover Configurator.

Thanks for all RehabMan, It was my fault, I edit my config.plist with Clover Configurator. You are amazing now I have my Elitebook 840 G1 working like a charm.

My network card does not work, the system does not define it, so wi-fi card earlier dsdst I assign a value of en0. How do it now, with the new method, and how to do to make it like that (pict attached)

I understand that what is written, the SSDT AR9287.aml makes no sense, so I prescribed wi-fi in the DSDT. And how to do it now, to reinstall the operating system or when installing a new operating system is automatically determined wi-fi card as a built - en0​

You should remove SSDT-AR9287.aml from ACPI/patched. It isn't doing what you'd like, isn't written correctly, and isn't needed in the first place.

Your ioreg shows WiFi working, assigned to en0, marked IOBuiltIn=true. There is no need for your WiFi card to appear in the PCI list in System Information.

What is the issue?

--

Note: Correctly written SSDT-AR9287.aml (cosmetic effects only):
Code:
// Atheros AR9287 cosmetic only injection for System Information -> PCI
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "WiFi", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.RP04.WNIC, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.RP04.WNIC)
    {
        Name(_SUN, 1)
        Method(_DSM, 4)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
            Return (Package()
            {
                "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 }, // probably not needed
                "name", Buffer() { "AirPort Extreme" },
                "model", Buffer() { "Atheros 9287 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" },
                "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "AirPort" },
                "device_type", Buffer() { "AirPort" },
            })
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Just installed windows 10n with no issues. booted back into OS X to set up custom entries and boots into windows from clover without any problems. Do you think i should keep an eye on TRIM in windows?

Just installed windows 10n with no issues. booted back into OS X to set up custom entries and boots into windows from clover without any problems. Do you think i should keep an eye on TRIM in windows?

TRIM should work fine in Windows. Windows is written for the wide variety of PC hardware.

Thats cool mate cheers :thumbup: Everything is up and running now one more question will the kexts which I've got installed in L/E work in 10.9.5 just fine? also the Probook audio kext?

Thats cool mate cheers :thumbup: Everything is up and running now one more question will the kexts which I've got installed in L/E work in 10.9.5 just fine? also the Probook audio kext?

The install_downloads.sh script will install the correct kexts for 10.9.5... But there may be some things that don't work, for example there is not a 5ghz Bcm4360 patch for 10.9.5 in the config.plist. Actually, it is there, I just forgot about it.

Some extra kexts may be installed that don't really apply to 10.9.5, but they also won't load (USBInjectAll.kext, for example).

There is instructions in post #1 for regenerating AppleHDA_ProBook.kext to fit versions other than the current (10.11.4).

Thats cool cheers :thumbup: Before i was using the kexts from PBI Mavericks version which actually worked fine.

Is there a way to get temprature reading with HWmonitor ? :)

You should remove SSDT-AR9287.aml from ACPI/patched. It isn't doing what you'd like, isn't written correctly, and isn't needed in the first place.

Your ioreg shows WiFi working, assigned to en0, marked IOBuiltIn=true. There is no need for your WiFi card to appear in the PCI list in System Information.

What is the issue?

--

Note: Correctly written SSDT-AR9287.aml (cosmetic effects only):
Code:
// Atheros AR9287 cosmetic only injection for System Information -> PCI
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "WiFi", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.RP04.WNIC, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.RP04.WNIC)
    {
        Name(_SUN, 1)
        Method(_DSM, 4)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
            Return (Package()
            {
                "name", Buffer() { "AirPort Extreme" },
                "model", Buffer() { "Atheros 9287 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" },
                "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "AirPort" },
                "device_type", Buffer() { "AirPort" },
            })
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Cool! everything is working! Thank you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

What is the issue?

Yes, exactly, but it now because I installed the system in the autumn by the method of the patched DSDT in which wifi card was registered as a built - "built-in", Buffer () {0x00}. If I understand correctly, the Network.plist formed when installing the system, so the WiFi working, assigned to en0, marked IOBuiltIn = true. But if I installed the system on a new SSDT technique, the system does not detect the card as a built-in on and off Apple services.

But now, with the new SSDT wifi all ok! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It is with this option, the system determines my wifi card as built. I checked several times in the Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan. Removes the parameter and do not work Apple services, return back and everything works.

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back