Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there us a USB that's known working for 6570b?

Hi guys. I've created a installer of OS X El Capitan, but after the boot, everything works, but I can't see my HD's to continue the installation. The screen only show me OS X Utilities and this 4 options: Restore using a backup; Reinstall OS X; Get Online Help; and Disk Utility.

I follow the guide, but can't see where is wrong. I have installed the OS X Yosemite in this Probook 4530s and everything is ok. Any Help? Sorry for my bad english.

Hi guys. I've created a installer of OS X El Capitan, but after the boot, everything works, but I can't see my HD's to continue the installation. The screen only show me OS X Utilities and this 4 options: Restore using a backup; Reinstall OS X; Get Online Help; and Disk Utility.

I follow the guide, but can't see where is wrong. I have installed the OS X Yosemite in this Probook 4530s and everything is ok. Any Help? Sorry for my bad english.

You have to use Disk Utility to partition your drive as GPT, create an HFS+ partition to serve as a target for the OS X installer.

You have to use Disk Utility to partition your drive as GPT, create an HFS+ partition to serve as a target for the OS X installer.

It is already configured this way. At this point I have the Mountain Lion installed on it HD. It is partitioned as GUID and Mac OS X journaled expanded, but the screen presented do not appear to me the disks, I can only view them in Disk Utility ... I tried another HD never used here and resulted in the same ...

It is already configured this way. At this point I have the Mountain Lion installed on it HD. It is partitioned as GUID and Mac OS X journaled expanded, but the screen presented do not appear to me the disks, I can only view them in Disk Utility ... I tried another HD never used here and resulted in the same ...

You have to enter the OS X installer before you can choose an HFS+ target for installation.

Make sure you created your USB correctly.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Your model is supported. Read post #1.

I've read it, and I knew it'd be supported. I just found strange that there are only these USB SSDT's and none of them have my model in it (or 6x70).

SSDT-USB-4x0s-G2.aml
SSDT-USB-4x30s.aml
SSDT-USB-4x40s.aml
SSDT-USB-8x0s-G1.aml
SSDT-USB-8x0s-G2.aml

Anyway, I've tried using a USB 3.0 and 2.0 on every port and I think I do not need one. So I'm guessing that if there isn't a SSDT for a specific model (older models at least) you don't need one. (and if so, that might be worth adding in)

For what it's worth, here's my IOREG after plugging and unplugging a 2.0 and a 3.0 flash drive on every port. (It only has 2 3.0 ports)

EDIT: Also, there's a typo in your first post... it reads APCI instead of ACPI.

Attachments

• ioreg usbs 6570b.zip
    695.1 KB · Views: 88
You have to enter the OS X installer before you can choose an HFS+ target for installation.

Make sure you created your USB correctly.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

I made the USB like descripted in this guide. I'm thinking if the image downloaded is corrupted. The installer starts normally, no needed any flags. This screen is showed http://s2.glbimg.com/erGR0F4LWN0a0Z...0/17/captura-de-tela-2014-10-17-as-150618.png

Thanks in advance.

I just found strange that there are only these USB SSDT's and none of them have my model in it (or 6x70).

Not strange. It is just that, up to now, no one has contributed the required information to create one.

Anyway, I've tried using a USB 3.0 and 2.0 on every port and I think I do not need one. So I'm guessing that if there isn't a SSDT for a specific model (older models at least) you don't need one. (and if so, that might be worth adding in)

The SSDT for USB configuration is an optimization (disabling unused ports).

For what it's worth, here's my IOREG after plugging and unplugging a 2.0 and a 3.0 flash drive on every port. (It only has 2 3.0 ports)

I added SSDT-USB-6x70.dsl to the repo based on your ioreg.

If you want, you could verify the locations of each port. They are probably not accurate. Read the comments in the .dsl and provide accurate feedback if you can.

EDIT: Also, there's a typo in your first post... it reads APCI instead of ACPI.

Fixed.

Hi RehabMan is there any sort of test you can run on a normal spinning drive to make sure it works okay? Got my new 750GB hard drive today but the delivery guy forced it through the letterbox and it went bang on the floor I'm not a really happy chap because of it and yet it said fragile on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back