Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I re-ran everything, config.plist and ACPI files, using the special branch 'applealc', but still no audio. What am I doing wrong?
New debug logs attached.
You installed the wrong version of AppleALC. Read the guide very carefully, especially the part regarding the applealc branch, 4x40s, and the special "fixed" AppleALC.kext attached to post #1 of the guide.

Motherboard
HP Probook 4540s
CPU
i5-3230m
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
iOS
You installed the wrong version of AppleALC. Read the guide very carefully, especially the part regarding the applealc branch, 4x40s, and the special "fixed" AppleALC.kext attached to post #1 of the guide.
Sorry, I mis-read that, I used the attached AppleALC.kext, and now have sound, thank you. One thing I did notice when running the commands in post 1 is that you examples for 4x40s no longer run as in the latest git you have remove the 's' from the file names, so now you just have 4x40, instead of 4x40s, or did I do something wrong?

Regards.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
One thing I did notice when running the commands in post 1 is that you examples for 4x40s no longer run as in the latest git you have remove the 's' from the file names, so now you just have 4x40, instead of 4x40s, or did I do something wrong?
I am aware. But the correct param value is given in ./install_acpi.sh help.
I will update/review the guide when I move it to the Mojave guide forum.

Motherboard
Snow leopard 10.6.6
CPU
i3 2,53Ghz
Graphics
GT540M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, i have follow your guide with elitebook 820 g4 i5 7500u. Everything works but I dont have sound. Any suggestion?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K 4.00 GHZ Unlocked
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 4 GB
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, i have follow your guide with elitebook 820 g4 i5 7500u. Everything works but I dont have sound. Any suggestion?
Before folks can help you need to read post 1 for details regarding error reporting.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Before folks can help you need to read post 1 for details regarding error reporting.
Yeah,... many people do not read carefully, or do not read at all.

Motherboard
HP 8??? - Clover
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD 520, 2560 x 1440
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
Hi all,
just managed to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on my first Hackintosh using this guide.
Thx to all who contributed, wonderful work! :clap:

As I write the HP Elitebook 840 G2 (Broadwell, i5/5300U/intel HD5500/16GB+500GB SSD) is mostly up & running, I have tested most functions, most OK.
But screen problems. Directly after logging in (startup screen) the display tears horizontally and rewrites a few times, then settles down. When working, the screen will randomly tear or display lines & finder windows/programms will garble when moved/touched. I would guess it has something to do with the installed video drivers. Also the touchpad seems to lag sometimes...
I have already 2 clean installs (wiping SSD, starting new) good learning but still the graphic glitches. Been reading forums and trying stuff, to no avail, so time for some help. Beware, I'm new to this & dont programme, but eager to learn.
I've attached a debug dump generated by the recommended "gen_debug" script, hope I did everything right.

Any help would be welcome :beachball:

Looking forward to your input...

Attachments

Last edited: