Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ioreg.file with USB-C connected

Attachments

• KUL’s MacBook Airb.zip
    556.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean "brightness controls were differnet"?
Your profile is still not filled out as requested in the FAQ/guide. Please fix before your next reply.

If you're referring to three finger swipes, read post #1.

Exactly.
One more thing...I am using your VoodooPS2Controller.kext and the cursor lags at certain times, like it is working smoothly and just the next second it lags, like jitters. when i plug in the usb mouse, the mouse works smoothly, the trackpad doesnt...whats the problem.
I first noticed it after a few hours of installing the realtek all in one kext, that also uses wireless network utility. I thought at first that it was causing problem when i turned it on. but now even without that(and the adapter plugged out) it starts lagging. what to do?

What can I use to test USB-C ?? I try to find it tomorrow morning its around 11:45pm here

I have no computers with USB-C. But I would assume you need a USB-C->USB3 adapter.

Did you use a USB3 device with it? I see a new port used HS02 (which would mean you plugged in a USB2 device), but no new SSxx port.

Also, make sure that when you test it, you test the adapter in both orientations.

Could be because you still don't have the port limit patch... You simply cannot test the ports properly without the port limit patch.

Last edited:
Anyone here using NGFF wifi card? Post 1 states these chipsets BCM94352Z or BCM94350ZAE (? not tested) or BCM943602BAED (? not tested).

I am curious to know what brands are working? I can only find Dell and IBM versions that say not supported on HP laptops, and I am not sure if it is true or not that they won't work on HP laptop.

BCM94352Z or BCM943602BAED are the best bets.
BCM943602BAED may require additional antennas to be installed but it is more native
BCM94352Z requires a bit more patching (already in the provided plists)
If your computer has no WiFi whitelist, you can ignore the warnings about not compatible with HP that many sellers may claim.
Read post #1.

Just quick question, I'm running El Capitan rock stable at the moment. But I want to move on to MacOs. If so, would there be any problem with my current laptop? Thank you very much, master Rehabman!

You should try it and report back. Most of the required changes are already in the files provided here...

One more thing...I am using your VoodooPS2Controller.kext and the cursor lags at certain times, like it is working smoothly and just the next second it lags, like jitters. when i plug in the usb mouse, the mouse works smoothly, the trackpad doesnt...whats the problem.
I first noticed it after a few hours of installing the realtek all in one kext, that also uses wireless network utility. I thought at first that it was causing problem when i turned it on. but now even without that(and the adapter plugged out) it starts lagging. what to do?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
USB WiFi is not recommended. Read post #1 for recommended WiFi solutions.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
USB WiFi is not recommended. Read post #1 for recommended WiFi solutions.
the problem was when i was clean insalling from usb, that is before using that guide, you sure there is no problem with the kext, because the usb installer also uses the voodoops2controller

I have no computers with USB-C. But I would assume you need a USB-C->USB3 adapter.

Did you use a USB3 device with it? I see a new port used HS02 (which would mean you plugged in a USB2 device), but no new SSxx port.

Also, make sure that when you test it, you test the adapter in both orientations.

Could be because you still don't have the port limit patch... You simply cannot test the ports properly without the port limit patch.
Have tried and tried to change port limit wasn't able to please help me .....USB3 device haven't connected with USB-C only a USB2 device did connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back