Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am having trouble OSX recognizing my RAM in my Elitebook 1040 G1. I had it recognize fine in my initial setup but I think a software update caused my 8GB to be seen as 4GB. I have Clover setup the SMBIOS to show the slot and module information but it still doesn't recognize the RAM in OSX. The BIOS reports the correct RAM size. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Did you use Clover Configurator?

Hello, I am having trouble OSX recognizing my RAM in my Elitebook 1040 G1. I had it recognize fine in my initial setup but I think a software update caused my 8GB to be seen as 4GB. I have Clover setup the SMBIOS to show the slot and module information but it still doesn't recognize the RAM in OSX. The BIOS reports the correct RAM size. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Greetings... loving my 8460P (hi-res) with Sierra using Rehab's method, however I'm experiencing an unusual issue. I've purchased 2 different USB Audio interfaces, both of which work with my Hackintosh desktop. 1 uses a proprietary driver, the other should be recognized as a USB Codec. Neither of the devices function with my 8460, however in System Information, they are indeed recognized in the USB 2.0 bus. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

I followed the install guide from Rehabman (on top of this post)
I managed to install Mac OS Sierra on my 2560p.
Clover is not yet installed on the harddisk yet.

After booting from USB I am stuck at the following:

Ethernet connection, WiFi and Audio are not present.
Macintosh HD is not showing up in Finder.

I suspect certain Clover parameters are not properly configured yet.
Attached my clover details

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 77
Greetings... loving my 8460P (hi-res) with Sierra using Rehab's method, however I'm experiencing an unusual issue. I've purchased 2 different USB Audio interfaces, both of which work with my Hackintosh desktop. 1 uses a proprietary driver, the other should be recognized as a USB Codec. Neither of the devices function with my 8460, however in System Information, they are indeed recognized in the USB 2.0 bus. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If you need your setup checked, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi,

I followed the install guide from Rehabman (on top of this post)
I managed to install Mac OS Sierra on my 2560p.
Clover is not yet installed on the harddisk yet.

After booting from USB I am stuck at the following:

Ethernet connection, WiFi and Audio are not present.
Macintosh HD is not showing up in Finder.

I suspect certain Clover parameters are not properly configured yet.
Attached my clover details

You did not copy the correct set of kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
In particular, you're missing the kext for Intel Ethernet.
The other kexts you have there are not according to the guide...

Hello, I'm using 8460P with Sierra installed.
I tried the Rehab's hotpatch methods but the USB 3.0 ports (2x) doesn't even work even I plugged it with USB 2.0 Flash Drive. Have you ever faced this problem before?

*Solved.

Last edited:
Having run Yosemite happily for a couple of years I'm taking the plunge with Sierra on my 6470b. All seems fine on a platter hard disk but my samsung evo ssd fails to install. Restoring the ssd from the HD seemed to work but then I had 200% cpu in the Finder. Impressed anyway and happy using the HD for now but would like to solve the mystery of the ssd issue. Any clues...

Having run Yosemite happily for a couple of years I'm taking the plunge with Sierra on my 6470b. All seems fine on a platter hard disk but my samsung evo ssd fails to install. Restoring the ssd from the HD seemed to work but then I had 200% cpu in the Finder. Impressed anyway and happy using the HD for now but would like to solve the mystery of the ssd issue. Any clues...

What do you mean by "fails to install"?
And... no "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back