Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clearing that up!

Sure... if someone was to complain about installing an older system on a laptop with Intel Ethernet, then I might do something about it after asking them to verify which older drivers work.

Fact is, people are not really installing old versions of OS X.

Sure... if someone was to complain about installing an older system on a laptop with Intel Ethernet, then I might do something about it after asking them to verify which older drivers work.

Fact is, people are not really installing old versions of OS X.

True, El Capitan worked best for me on my Mac mini Server 2010, and so does on the HackBook. Much more polished, than Sierra, even one of the Apple Geniuses admitted, that a lot of things changed under the hood of macOS and is buggy. I had a lot of strange bugs on an official hardware (like no sound through jack, when HDMI is plugged in, troubles with Photos resyncing/folder picture and the most annoying - iMessage/Facetime not working and so on).

Dear Rehabman,
Installed Sierra on a HP Elitebook 8570p. I have a question concerning bluetooth. Is there any way to use the bluetooth module from the wifi/bluetooth combo card (Broadcom BCM94352HMB).
Although working well the integrated bluetooth modules signal is quite limited in its range.
Thank you

Dear Rehabman,
Installed Sierra on a HP Elitebook 8570p. I have a question concerning bluetooth. Is there any way to use the bluetooth module from the wifi/bluetooth combo card (Broadcom BCM94352HMB)?

No. It is a hardware limitation.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot for answering so rapidly. I suspected that.
A dongle works, I use it just in cases when the bluetooth speaker should be farther, the integrated module is very well usable for mouse and keyboard (a bit annoying: switching between the BT modules needs plugging the usb dongle in and out and also deactivating BT, unpairing devices and reactivating BT, pairing devices).
Thank you again

Last edited:
Hi, I have an HP ProBook 4530s A7K05UT 1080p, i3-2350m, BIOS F.61, 4GG Ram, and I was using this with OSX about 20 months ago. I decided to resurrect this and as far as I can tell I have followed the guide for setting up Clover EFI USB boot stick with Sierra, but I get a panic every time on boot. I have attached a zipped up version of my CLOVER EFI partition.
What could I be doing wrong please?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi, I have an HP ProBook 4530s A7K05UT 1080p, i3-2350m, BIOS F.61, 4GG Ram, and I was using this with OSX about 20 months ago. I decided to resurrect this and as far as I can tell I have followed the guide for setting up Clover EFI USB boot stick with Sierra, but I get a panic every time on boot. I have attached a zipped up version of my CLOVER EFI partition.
What could I be doing wrong please?

Your Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide.
Boot verbose, show photo.

Your Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide.
Boot verbose, show photo.
Thanks for looking at this.
I have attached the last few screen grabs when panic. Let me know what else would help. IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1850.JPG IMG_1852.JPG
Regards.

Read note in guide regarding "alternate DropTables".
Excellent, thanks RehabMan. I used the "alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables". I have now reached the MacOS Utilities screen.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back