Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my HP EliteBook 8460p. I was able to install El Capitan and Yosemite following each step of this tutorial, I could even follow all the necessary steps of the Post Installation, but after I restart my laptop it get stoped on a screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar.

If I replace the final conf.plis for this one everything works fine, but I couldn't make the sound works, even following the steps on the know problem section.

Here is all the specs of my machine.

P.S: I have 8GB of memory instead of 4, and I'm using a SSD.

Which OS X version is installed?

Which OS X version is installed?

I'm having this problem with El Capitan and Yosemite, both with the latest version available to download on AppStore.

Last edited:
Does this guide support the HP Zbook Studio G3? (I already noticed the wifi card is not compatible).

Any indication on how hard it is to get it up and running?

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide/FAQ. Please fix before your next reply.
You must boot without caches (initially after "Final config.plist") in order to have various patches apply. It is in the guide.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

First of all - thank you for your incredible work. It is not easy to devote to help so many people. Now, lets get down to business. Please find attached files you have requested in Troubleshooting section - hope it is all. Once I am at it I have another questions regarding booting macOS.

I have two disks in my laptop:
1. Plextor SSD 256GB divided: 350Mb - WIN sys files; 100GB c: Windows system partition; ~140GB Windows storage space
2. Intel mini-PCI 120GB disk with one partition.
Before macOS installation there was Win10 installed on C partition (disk 1, 100GB partition) and d: partition was empty( disk 1, 140GB). During installation setup told me that I could not install macOS on D: partition because it was not GUID, so I formatted Intel disk and installed macOS there. See how diskutil shows it:
Code:
#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS System Reserved         370.1 MB   disk0s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS                         104.9 GB   disk0s2
   3:               Windows_NTFS Dane                    148.7 GB   disk0s3
   4:             Windows_FAT_32 HP_TOOLS                2.1 GB     disk0s4

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *120.0 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS macos                   119.2 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3

What I wanted to achieve is that clover is the boot manager and it lets me to choose whether I want to boot macOS (mostly) or Win10 (incidentally). I could not get where should I install Clover after successful macOS installation, but I figured that I should install it on the same disk as I installed macOS and so I did.

Unfortunately right now during booting I have to manually choose boot option and I have to choose boot from efi and then find correct efi in clover. If I choose boot from hard disk, laptop restarts. It's a little annoying. I am sure that it can be done in the right way but I need guidance how can I do it. Here is the link with print screens step by step: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_PzhvgDbwGEZF9Md2R1R3hSSEU?usp=sharing

Attachments

• mikeman.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
It's amazing how this Elitebook 840 G1 runs... A shame there is no Thunderbolt since Expresscards are obsolete...

Anyway, a last thing is hitching me. Why i can't customize the Clover Boot Theme??? I found some common answers here and there but nothing explaining why the changes i made didn't took effect.

I tried Clover Prefpane / Manual edition / Clover Configurator / Clover Theme manager.

I also tried to move the folder i like theme files into the default one (embedded).

The funny thing: When i putted my fully installed hard drive in my girlfriend 840 G1 it worked! So assume it is a clover cache folder somewhere?

PS Clover Theme Manager returns me an error message:
Launch daemon & rc scripts are not operational. NVRAM changes won't be retained next boot.

Thank you very much.

Clover themes are stored in EFI/Clover/themes.
You select a theme with the config.plist/GUI/Theme setting.
If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install the "RC scripts".

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my HP EliteBook 8460p. I was able to install El Capitan and Yosemite following each step of this tutorial, I could even follow all the necessary steps of the Post Installation, but after I restart my laptop it get stoped on a screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar.

If I replace the final conf.plis for this one everything works fine, but I couldn't make the sound works, even following the steps on the know problem section.

Here is all the specs of my machine.

P.S: I have 8GB of memory instead of 4, and I'm using a SSD.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Does this guide support the HP Zbook Studio G3? (I already noticed the wifi card is not compatible).

Any indication on how hard it is to get it up and running?

Read post #1, "Unsupported laptops".

First of all - thank you for your incredible work. It is not easy to devote to help so many people. Now, lets get down to business. Please find attached files you have requested in Troubleshooting section - hope it is all. Once I am at it I have another questions regarding booting macOS.

I have two disks in my laptop:
1. Plextor SSD 256GB divided: 350Mb - WIN sys files; 100GB c: Windows system partition; ~140GB Windows storage space
2. Intel mini-PCI 120GB disk with one partition.
Before macOS installation there was Win10 installed on C partition (disk 1, 100GB partition) and d: partition was empty( disk 1, 140GB). During installation setup told me that I could not install macOS on D: partition because it was not GUID, so I formatted Intel disk and installed macOS there. See how diskutil shows it:
Code:
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS System Reserved         370.1 MB   disk0s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS                         104.9 GB   disk0s2
   3:               Windows_NTFS Dane                    148.7 GB   disk0s3
   4:             Windows_FAT_32 HP_TOOLS                2.1 GB     disk0s4

Windows should be installed UEFI, not legacy.

What I wanted to achieve is that clover is the boot manager and it lets me to choose whether I want to boot macOS (mostly) or Win10 (incidentally). I could not get where should I install Clover after successful macOS installation, but I figured that I should install it on the same disk as I installed macOS and so I did.

Clover should be installed to the same device as is macOS. Then you'll need to make sure BIOS is set to boot to that device.

Windows should be installed UEFI, not legacy.

Clover should be installed to the same device as is macOS. Then you'll need to make sure BIOS is set to boot to that device.
Thanks, will try that. Any ideas why wp.pl freezes macOS? It is not the pictures because I tried other side with lots of pictures and it was ok. It maybe somethin with video autoplay, but I am not sure.

Thanks, will try that. Any ideas why wp.pl freezes macOS? It is not the pictures because I tried other side with lots of pictures and it was ok. It maybe somethin with video autoplay, but I am not sure.

I don't know what wp.pl is. Google has no clues for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back