Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8460 supported by this guide has HD3000.
Thanks ! I've tried with hd3000 1600x900 then. Instead of going on Install screen, the laptop restart, what should I check to fix this ?
Sorry for my english and thanks for your work !

Thanks ! I've tried with hd3000 1600x900 then. Instead of going on Install screen, the laptop restart, what should I check to fix this ?
Sorry for my english and thanks for your work !

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I took one picture when it get a little bit stuck and one juste before it shuted down (at system uptime). Here my clover folder too

Things that can help :
I can't find these options on my bios :
- secure boot is disabled
-uefi activated but can't find "hybrid/with CSM "
-IGPU graphics memory set to 64mb (Broadwell and Skylake)

I try to install Sierra, got no problem to transfer it from the terminal to the USB.
I've used HD3000 in 1600x900 plist as you recommanded.
HFSplus.efi and HPfanreset are on drivers64UEFI, but maybe I've choose wrong ktext because i'm not sure to understand everything on this part.

Thanks you very much

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20161129_194656.jpg
    20161129_194656.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20161129_194604.jpg
    20161129_194604.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 143
Hi RehabMan, thx for the guide. I use this to upgrade MacOS Sierra from PBI-CE el capitan on my elitebook 8570p hires, all works. Just a minor problem with the brightness control keyboard shortcut, both button increase the brightness. Dunno if it's the patch or VoodooPS2Controller and I didn't find info about this in first post, will post "problem reporting" on my day off, also for the DP.

Last edited:
Hello,

I followed the guide to migrate from PBI CE to hot patch method. Everything works except I'm having problems with restart on wake. Most of the time, it restarts instantly after wake, sometimes a couple seconds after wake, sometimes after about a minute.

EDIT: I played with some BIOS settings and the problem goes away if I disable the USB ports in BIOS, but this is not a fix for me, as I definitely need USB ports. Also, I forgot to add USB 3.0 port does not work, although, i'm not sure it's supposed to as per guide.

I've attached files as per guide.

Thanks in advance

Here are my specs:

Probook 4530s
i7
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB 1366 x 768/ Radeon (switchable graphics enabled as per guide)
Atheros AR5B195
el Capitan 10.11.6

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman, sometimes when I restart the mac, It turns off ! instead of restart !.
Please see attached.

Much unneeded software installed. Do fresh install. Compare.

I took one picture when it get a little bit stuck and one juste before it shuted down (at system uptime). Here my clover folder too

Things that can help :
I can't find these options on my bios :
- secure boot is disabled
-uefi activated but can't find "hybrid/with CSM "
-IGPU graphics memory set to 64mb (Broadwell and Skylake)

I try to install Sierra, got no problem to transfer it from the terminal to the USB.
I've used HD3000 in 1600x900 plist as you recommanded.
HFSplus.efi and HPfanreset are on drivers64UEFI, but maybe I've choose wrong ktext because i'm not sure to understand everything on this part.

Thanks you very much

Read guide, regarding "alternate DropTables".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back