Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgraded to 3835, still same problem.

Also, since copying the new config.plist, my Windows entry in Clover disappeared as well. When I boot from USB, the Windows partition is listed...

Did you copy contents from old config to new config?

Downgraded to 3835, still same problem.

Also, since copying the new config.plist, my Windows entry in Clover disappeared as well. When I boot from USB, the Windows partition is listed...

You seem to be implying that Windows is installed in legacy mode.
How is it that you installed OS X to an MBR drive? The OS X installer requires GPT. And Windows legacy requires MBR.

This guide requires Windows installed UEFI/GPT.

On what hardware did you download OS X and create your USB installer?

You seem to be implying that Windows is installed in legacy mode.
How is it that you installed OS X to an MBR drive? The OS X installer requires GPT. And Windows legacy requires MBR.

This guide requires Windows installed UEFI/GPT.

On what hardware did you download OS X and create your USB installer?

Yes, Windows is installed in legacy mode. I added a second drive in the DVDROM bay which I installed El Capitan on (which I setup as a GPT disk during install) and set boot order in the bios to boot this HD first.

I downloaded El Capitan and created the USB installer on my Sierra desktop.

Do you suspect my drive setup is causing issues?

Thanks

Yes, Windows is installed in legacy mode. I added a second drive in the DVDROM bay which I installed El Capitan on (which I setup as a GPT disk during install) and set boot order in the bios to boot this HD first.

Thanks
This is a thing that I did not understand well too.
I will do the same you did.
I already bought a 2nd msata ssd for my 9470m and I've Win10 installed in another SSD in Legacy Mode.

What I wanted to do is to install the OS X on the msata drive after removing the SSD with Win10.
After I've got everything working with OS X, I will put the win10 ssd back.

If I'll re attach the SSD what will happen at the boot?

Do we need to re-install Win10 in UEFI/GPT even if it resides on a completely different drive?

many thanks

Thanks

Install OSX and Clover to the main SATA drive. And plan to migrate your Windows setup to UEFI. The current config.plist assumes Windows will be installed UEFI. You could try to tweak it to scan for legacy, but no support from me...

Hello RehabMan,

are there any news about the Problem with Skylake Prozessor that the Notebook (only with USB devices connected) start again after Shutdown ore too when begin too Sleep?

Hello RehabMan,

are there any news about the Problem with Skylake Prozessor that the Notebook (only with USB devices connected) start again after Shutdown ore too when begin too Sleep?

I have no Skylake laptop hardware. You tell me.

Hello Iam new and a rookie at hackintosh and although I had Sierra nicely running on my dell inspiration 1510 (incl. iMessage etc) i don't get it running on my HP probook 6550b. Even worse, I don't get to the INSTALLER. I tried everything; different OSX', installers, boot loaders, boot option (-v -x etc.) etc). I don't get it. I even don't get it why i receive different outputs. Sometimes it just reboots during apple logo, sometimes aptiofix error, sometimes i get the prohibity symbol and crashes, the most promising was the ones where i get even 100% of the loading bar but get stuck there for hours.

Iam almost giving it up, but my last try is a request of somebody with a working 6550b (i5 2,4ghz m520) or similar who is willing me to upload/share their config plist and EFI or who's willing me to help me! thanks in advance!

Hello Iam new and a rookie at hackintosh and although I had Sierra nicely running on my dell inspiration 1510 (incl. iMessage etc) i don't get it running on my HP probook 6550b. Even worse, I don't get to the INSTALLER. I tried everything; different OSX', installers, boot loaders, boot option (-v -x etc.) etc). I don't get it. I even don't get it why i receive different outputs. Sometimes it just reboots during apple logo, sometimes aptiofix error, sometimes i get the prohibity symbol and crashes, the most promising was the ones where i get even 100% of the loading bar but get stuck there for hours.

Iam almost giving it up, but my last try is a request of somebody with a working 6550b (i5 2,4ghz m520) or similar who is willing me to upload/share their config plist and EFI or who's willing me to help me! thanks in advance!

This guide does not support your laptop.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back