Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will need all data requested in post #1, "Unsupported laptops". Use recent Ubuntu.

Hope this works--/proc/asound/card0/ listed "codec#0" instead of #1, so I copied #0, and lspci would hang unless I ran with -A intel-conf1. Much obliged.

Attachments

• Upload.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 89
my Express Card usb 3.0 not working on 10.11.4 , but before 10.9 it working

The USB3 chipset in the card is probably not compatible with 10.11.

Hope this works--/proc/asound/card0/ listed "codec#0" instead of #1, so I copied #0, and lspci would hang unless I ran with -A intel-conf1. Much obliged.

Your profile is not filled out... no idea what laptop this data is for...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Make sure you rebuild cache exactly as described in "Known Problems", "Audio".

I have rebuilt the cache that way multiple times, with multiple reboots in between just to make sure - still nothing

I have rebuilt the cache that way multiple times, with multiple reboots in between just to make sure - still nothing

Maybe your AppleHDA is damaged. From where did you download OS X? Make sure you don't tamper with AppleHDA.kext.

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Pretend it is a 'ProBook_8x0s_G3_Skylake' and see how it goes.

Pretend it is a 'ProBook_8x0s_G3_Skylake' and see how it goes.

Tried with install_8x0g3_skylake, etc. But the screen goes blank shortly after the [IGPU] console messages; I believe this is where normally the Apple logo and progress bar would appear. :(

Tried with install_8x0g3_skylake, etc. But the screen goes blank shortly after the [IGPU] console messages; I believe this is where normally the Apple logo and progress bar would appear. :(

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back