Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you haven't installed Clover to ESP. Run Clover installer.
Sorry my bad. i just missed that.
""The configuration at this point should be exactly the same as USB. Don't forget both HFSPlus.efi and HPFanReset.efi.""
So copy from usb
Thanks

Last edited:
when doing "./ssdtPRGen.sh"
Get
Warning: board-id [Mac-94245B3640C91C81] and model [smbios_productname_placeholder] mismatch – check SMBIOS data

What i have done wrong?

It is possible there are some unpatched multibyte EC fields (but unrelated to battery status). If the LEDs are updated in DSDT somewhere using these fields, that code may not work. Most likely this would be taking place in the EC query methods (_Qxx). You could instrument them with ACPI debug to see if any execute (for example when pressing the WiFi button, or when WiFi/BT power status changes), and if they execute beginning to end.

Some knowledge of ACPI/ACPIDebug, patching ACPI, etc... required.
Just an FYI, for some completely odd reason, this light is now white. Didn’t change anything, was just installing some apps last night and the light was white and hasn’t gone back to amber since. Even if I turn off WiFi on the menu bar.

No issue, just an FYI.

After run this communed
"
Installing HPFanReset.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
cp: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI: No such file or directory
"
Please guide how to fix
Probook 4530s
Image attached.

You didn't install Clover to your HDD prior to running ./install_downloads.sh.

Sorry my bad. i just missed that.
""The configuration at this point should be exactly the same as USB. Don't forget both HFSPlus.efi and HPFanReset.efi.""
So copy from usb
Thanks

The ./install_downloads.sh will take care of HPFanReset.efi for you (if you forget it), but it is still your task to install Clover to the EFI partition on your HDD/SSD. It is part of the main Clover laptop guide.

when doing "./ssdtPRGen.sh"
Get
Warning: board-id [Mac-94245B3640C91C81] and model [smbios_productname_placeholder] mismatch – check SMBIOS data

What i have done wrong?

Your config.plist has incorrect SMBIOS data. Make sure you use the correct config.plist from the main laptop Clover guide before starting your post-installation steps.

You didn't install Clover to your HDD prior to running ./install_downloads.sh.
Right, Solved.

Touchpad double tap not working have any fix?
4530s

Did you remember to enable tapping in SysPrefs->Trackpad?
yep, Thanks

Is there any way to convert MBR partition to GPT without touching windows installition ?

yep, Thanks

Then double tap should also work...

Is there any way to convert MBR partition to GPT without touching windows installition ?

If you search with google you will find articles from Microsoft on how to transition a Windows install from MBR/legacy to GPT/UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back