Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Mobo: HP EliteBook (Clover - UEFI)
CPU: i5-3320M /Mobile Intel QM77 Express
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Thank you.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 114
As per post #1, you will need one USB2 device and one USB3 device. It is not necessary to have all ports populated at one time.

Please read it carefully.

Is it possible to include the docking station for the USB customization? Or does this make no sense?

I attached IOReg files for both situations. One with and one without the connected docking station.

In both situations I connected an logitech USB receiver (USB2) to all ports and a Kingston DT Ultimate 2 (USB3) to all ports and after that I saved the IOReg copy.

USB3 only worked while docking station was connected at the USB3 ports at the docking station.

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
Is it possible to include the docking station for the USB customization? Or does this make no sense?

I attached IOReg files for both situations. One with and one without the connected docking station.

In both situations I connected an logitech USB receiver (USB2) to all ports and a Kingston DT Ultimate 2 (USB3) to all ports and after that I saved the IOReg copy.

USB3 only worked while docking station was connected at the USB3 ports at the docking station.

Remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and do the same tests.

First of all, RehabMan, you're Great !!! Thanks for this guide!

El Capitano 10.11.4 fresh install on :
- HP Probook 450 G2 (Broadwell I5-5200U -> Intel HD5500), 1920x1080 LCD
- 256 SSD + 500 HDD, 16GB RAM, 4352HMB (20702A3@v14 c5545 - 8143:413c)

Using those *.aml's :
SSDT-4x0-G2-Broadwell.aml
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.aml
SSDT-BATT-G2.aml
SSDT-KEY87.aml
SSDT-PRW.aml
SSDT-USB.aml
SSDT-FAN-READ.aml
SSDT-LANC_PRW.aml
SSDT-SATA.aml
SSDT-XOSI.aml
SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-LPC.aml
SSDT-SMBUS.aml
SSDT.aml

SSDT.aml autogenerated with ssdtPrGen.sh (beta branch).

Power management works deliciously comparing to PBI-CE setup I've been working on before, [email protected] doing nothing, Battery life increased by 50% at least.

IMPORTANT:
1. ProBook 450G2 needs SSDT-KEY87 & proper Fn-keys BIOS variable setup (Fn+F-key) !
2. In CLOVER.plist one cannot go higher with ScreenResolution than 1024x768 (maybe 1366x768), CSM overrides this setting - it is always low-res Clover screen with CSM=ON, but with CSM=OFF (Native UEFI Boot) and ScreenResolution=1920x1080 OSX login-screen&desktop is distorted (non-usable)

Problems:
- Finder sometimes (rarely) crashes with beachball - cannot reproduce specific situation (may be OSX specific) - where to find some logs?
- Handoff/Continuity not tested yet - is it safe to use the same iCloud account as for iPad/iPhone?

EDIT: Handoff/Continuity seems to be not working (no icon on dock while doing something "compatible"), iMessage - can't send messages to registered iCloud accounts

Last edited:
IMPORTANT:
1. ProBook 450G2 needs SSDT-KEY87 & proper Fn-keys BIOS variable setup (Fn+F-key) !

I will change it in install_acpi.sh.

2. In CLOVER.plist one cannot go higher with ScreenResolution than 1024x768 (maybe 1366x768), CSM overrides this setting - it is always low-res Clover screen with CSM=ON, but with CSM=OFF (Native UEFI Boot) and ScreenResolution=1920x1080 OSX login-screen&desktop is distorted (non-usable)

Typically CSM is required, so that much is expected. Also expected that there are limited resolution choices in the bootloader when CSM is enabled.

Problems:
- Finder sometimes (rarely) crashes with beachball - cannot reproduce specific situation (may be OSX specific) - where to find some logs?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

- Handoff/Continuity not tested yet - is it safe to use the same iCloud account as for iPad/iPhone?

I do.

Post Installation completed. As far as I can see everything is working except USB ports. Only back right (USB2) works. I've set -uia_ignore_rmcf and with that both RHS USB2 ports work but still nothing from either LHS (USB3). Attached all troubleshooting files (I hope!) Thanks.

Andy

Investigated port limit patch, but wasn't sure what plist variable to change

Attachments

• AllData100516.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back