Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - El Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #18.

I've made one more try and replaced 4 patches in config.plist with the one attached. This patch also works for me, but headphones output is not available anyway.

At this point I have to say that I've run out of ideas. But in any way I want to thank you, RehabMan, for your help. I think I should make some kind of donation. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Attachments

• MironeAudio.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
I've made one more try and replaced 4 patches in config.plist with the one attached. This patch also works for me, but headphones output is not available anyway.

At this point I have to say that I've run out of ideas. But in any way I want to thank you, RehabMan, for your help. I think I should make some kind of donation. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

I don't think you're reading post #18.

My suggestion is that you reply to the guide thread, such that your problem can be confirmed/compared to others who have the same laptop. Yet you keep replying to this thread, where no one that owns the laptop is likely to respond because they are only watching the guide thread.

Note: Mirone version is available as layout-id 5 already present.

I don't think you're reading post #18.

My suggestion is that you reply to the guide thread, such that your problem can be confirmed/compared to others who have the same laptop. Yet you keep replying to this thread, where no one that owns the laptop is likely to respond because they are only watching the guide thread.

Note: Mirone version is available as layout-id 5 already present.

Now I've got what you mean. I'm sorry, I'm not a native speaker. I will report this issue as you suggested.

Now I've got what you mean. I'm sorry, I'm not a native speaker. I will report this issue as you suggested.

Hi Antonio,
I've the same headphones problem
i'm on 10.12.2
did you find a solution or not ?

Hi Antonio,
I've the same headphones problem
i'm on 10.12.2
did you find a solution or not ?
Not yet. But I'd wish to. Could you please report this issue to RehabMan? He was asking me for additional testers.

The headphone jack on the 430 G3 works correctly if you change the layout-id for the AppleHDA.kext to 5. I did this by changing the file hotpatch/include/layout7_HDEF.asl in RehabMan's toolchain.

Layout-id 7 was actually added (it is InsanelyDeepak version) and found by some in the thread to work better.
So we switched from 5 (Mirone version) to 7.
I left both in and documented them in Resources_ProBook/README.txt
People with this codec are free to experiment with both.

Sure. I can't speak more generally, but several people with the 430 G3 have mentioned headphone issues. For this specific model, layout 5 seems to work. If more people confirm that this works on their machines, it might be worth updating the HDA patching for this specific model, or figuring out which ProBook G3/CX20724 laptops use 5 vs 7. Either way, hopefully this discussion saves someone troubleshooting audio on the 430 G3 some time.

Layout-id 7 was actually added (it is InsanelyDeepak version) and found by some in the thread to work better.
So we switched from 5 (Mirone version) to 7.
I left both in and documented them in Resources_ProBook/README.txt
People with this codec are free to experiment with both.

Sure. I can't speak more generally, but several people with the 430 G3 have mentioned headphone issues. For this specific model, layout 5 seems to work. If more people confirm that this works on their machines, it might be worth updating the HDA patching for this specific model, or figuring out which ProBook G3/CX20724 laptops use 5 vs 7. Either way, hopefully this discussion saves someone troubleshooting audio on the 430 G3 some time.

Any such discussion should happen in a dedicated thread where the participants are those with the hardware.
That way you can compare notes.
When there is a conclusion reached, you can report the results in the guide thread, and I'll be glad to make the changes needed in the repo.
As it stands now, I'll leave the default where it is (because I already changed it once) and let people experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back